- Bring a device to record video (iOS, Android, Digital Camera)
- *Note to Windows 7 users - You need to download windows movie maker if you don't have it.
Reflection.... Implications for Education? Let's collaborate, even if we don't have a Google Acct - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-c6e_is5wC5NH71M9GpFgxqB3uu30vnjw7I29gFyuk0/edit
Is it legal for me to use this clip?
Show YouTube videos without the visual clutter: ViewPure
Margaret Gould Stewart: How YouTube thinks about copyright
University of CA, Irvine Open Courseware offers this free slide deck "Intellectual Property Primer".
Kay's suggestion.... On the first page of any multimedia project should be the following...
"Some of the material in this presentation is covered under the Copyright Law, Title 17, U.S. Code."
News from YouTube - if you violate their copyright rules you have to go to school - YouTube Copyright School
Where is copyright going?
Copyright and Creative Commons (In plain English)
Consider... Creative Commons "Creative Commons develops, supports, and stewards legal and technical infrastructure that maximizes digital creativity, sharing, and innovation."
Each member of the team should be responsible for a video clip that will be edited into the final project - Yes, total project 60 seconds. Each member of the group length? Well, you do the math ;)
You can use whatever tool you would like to collect the videos (iPad, iPod, iPhone, Android phone, digital camera). Need some ideas for your video? Take a look at the content resources above.
Windows Movie Maker 2 for XP (Getting Started)
Windows Live Movie Maker for Windows 7 (Getting Started)
Julie Freed, Grant Wood's Assistive Technology consultant, will be joining us for an overview of what's happening in the world of Assistive Technology.
1:00 pm to 2:00pm
Grant Wood AT website is: www.tinyurl.com/atgwaeaOur Twitter feed is: #ATGWAEA if you wish to follow Julie for updates
Contact Julie.... firstname.lastname@example.org
LinnMar AT contact....Patty Soldner email@example.com 319-399-6409
Univeristy of Georgia
Let's take a look at another "app" we can use as a Formative Assessment tool:
Teacher Clicker - Socrative / Student Clicker - Socrative
Note.....For a teacher to create quizzes these Apps you will need to setup an account at the Socrative website
For a student to "interact", not account is necessary (they only need the name of the "room")
1. QR Scavenger Hunt... Lets Play with this demo
QR Treasure Hunt Generator (at Classtools.net)
2. Create your own QR at http://www.qrstuff.com
3. Augmented Reality.... Play with Fetch! Lunch Rush (distribute packets)
4. Sample AR sites (need print outs)...
GE Smart Grid
- Do an video project with your students > Post project to your C21 ePortfolio Video Project page
- Talk to someone about what you learned.
- Record above to Professional Development Report.
- Complete online course - "Exploring Online Instruction"
- Finish Dan Pink's book (return next time)