- Bring a device to record video (iOS, Android, Digital Camera)
- *Note to Windows 7 users - You need to download windows movie maker if you don't have it.
- install the following apps - Teacher Clicker - Socrative / Student Clicker - Socrative
Reflection.... Implications for Education?
*Here we will use a Google Doc, with the visibility set to "Anyone With The Link", with users able to edit - no Google Account necessary to collaborate.
How is our online component going thus far? Questions? Concerns?
Start with Pair and Share activity
Each person role play one of the following individuals - 1. a student who is taking this online course, and 2. a teacher who constructed this online course.
For 60 seconds, the student will share what they liked and disliked thus far about this online course.
For 60 seconds, the teacher will share their thoughts about their design and hopes about this online course.
Is it legal for me to use this clip?
Show YouTube videos without the visual clutter: ViewPure
Margaret Gould Stewart: How YouTube thinks about copyright
University of CA, Irvine Open Courseware offers this free slide deck "Intellectual Property Primer".
Kay's suggestion.... On the first page of any multimedia project should be the following...
"Some of the material in this presentation is covered under the Copyright Law, Title 17, U.S. Code."
News from YouTube - if you violate their copyright rules you have to go to school - YouTube Copyright School
Where is copyright going?
Copyright and Creative Commons (In plain English)
Consider... Creative Commons "Creative Commons develops, supports, and stewards legal and technical infrastructure that maximizes digital creativity, sharing, and innovation."
Windows Movie Maker 2 for XP (Getting Started)
Windows Live Movie Maker for Windows 7 (Getting Started)
Let's take a quick look at a new online, video editor called WeVideo
Here's a quick overview of the site (there are more video tutorials on YouTube)
Let take a look :)
Julie Freed, Grant Wood's Assistive Technology consultant, will be joining us for an overview of what's happening in the world of Assistive Technology.
1:00 pm to 2:00pm
Grant Wood AT website is: www.tinyurl.com/atgwaeaOur Twitter feed is: #ATGWAEA if you wish to follow Julie for updates
Univeristy of Georgia
Let's take a look at another "app" we can use as a Formative Assessment tool:
Teacher Clicker - Socrative / Student Clicker - Socrative
Note.....For a teacher to create quizzes these Apps you will need to setup an account at the Socrative website
For a student to "interact", not account is necessary (they only need the name of the "room")
1. Password Protech my iPad - Go to Settings > General > Passcode Lock > Turn Passcode On
2. Turn on Find My iPad - Go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPad (turn on)
3. Backup to iCloud - Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > iCloud Backup (turn on) *Use any Apple ID to do this.
4. Remove "iPad@gwaea.org" apps (cuz I can't update them ;( *See handout of all original apps.
a. touch and hold to make the app "wiggle" > click on the X
b. Go to Settings > General > Usage > "Show all Apps" > Just touch to delete ;)
5. Update your iOS (do this later) - Go to Settings > General > Software Update
- Do an video project that's relevant to you (personally or professionally) > Post project to your C21 ePortfolio Video Project page
- Talk to someone about what you learned.
- Record above to Professional Development Report.
- Complete online course - "Exploring Online Instruction"