Participants, please bring iPod or iPad to capture some video
earbuds/headphones if you have them
Download & Install Any Video Converter
- Post any activities to Professional Development reporting form
- Post your audio project to your C21 ePortfolio site
- App Sharing ;) What did you find? Share with your table mates.
- Get an Apps.... Fetch! Lunch Rush and Bar-Code or RedLaser (iphone app)
- Download & Install Any Video Converter
? Not able to leave a comment ? Make sure you have been given page level permission ;)
Task: Pick a partner and create a Google Presentation that will help teachers and students understand what they “need to know” about each of the five prominent video formats (go beyond the techno babble ;):
.avi .wmv .flv .mov .mpg
Not sure about Google Presentations? Check out a couple of short tutorials at Atomic Learning - Google Presentations.
Note.... “Share” presentation with your facilitator.
Resources: Here are a few sites to get you started…
• Media Formats Explained Scroll down a bit to see “a short list of the most common container formats, the file extensions they use, and a bit of history”.
• Google Search
For this project you and a partner will create a video entitled... Why should we use tech in our schools?
1. This video can be no longer than 60 seconds
2. You will use your iPad or iPod Touch to capture your video.
Tip... StoryBoard your video before shooting. One clip is all you get.
3. Once you have captured your video, email to yourself (or sync).
4. Upload video to your Google Docs (set Sharing to "Anyone With a Link").
Tip... you might have to change the extension to .mp4
5. Insert video into your Video Project page.
Question... how can you get this video to your partner?
Assistive Technology Activity - with Julie Freed 1:30 - 2:15
1. QR Scavenger Hunt... Lets Play with this demo
QR Treasure Hunt Generator (at Classtools.net)
2. Create your own QR at http://www.qrstuff.com
3. Augmented Reality.... Play with Fetch! Lunch Rush (distribute packets)
4. Sample AR sites (need print outs)...
GE Smart Grid