Friday, May 1, 2015
Celebration of Creative Inquiry: Campus Center, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
*** Submission Deadline is Friday, April 10, 2015 ***
The Celebration of Creative Inquiry is
a campus-wide forum to publicly share the creative inquiry of students
from Gustavus Adolphus College. The Celebration will be held the Friday
evening before Honors Day, and will feature student poster presentations
(or other similar presentations as appropriate). “Creative inquiry” is
an intentionally broad term that encompasses research and scholarship
including, in the arts, exhibits or performances. We invite all Gustavus
students engaged in creative inquiry to participate. Appropriate
projects shall be defined by the standards of research, scholarship,
and/or creativity of their discipline.
Creative inquiry may emerge from...
- a class assignment or project.
- off-campus projects or internships.
- student-faculty collaborative research or creative projects.
- independent student research or creative projects.
- the work of extra-curricular student organizations.
The definition of creative inquiry varies by discipline; it includes...
- asking a question that has not been asked before.
- attempting to fill a gap in knowledge, or to create new knowledge, information, art, or expression.
- a process or product that requires the student to add ideas or imagination of their own.
- a project that is shaped by choices the student made independently.
- critical reflection.