If you have any changes, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If here are not your Mobile number and/or Email address, Please send.
So we can inform you needful details.
Gujarat Economic Association,
N. S. Patel Arts College,
Bhalej Road, Anand, Gujarat, India.
Secretary: Prin. Dr. Mohanbhai Patel,
GEA (Est.1969/Reg.No: F.424 Society Guj./339)
The Gujarat Economic Association is one of the oldest subject associations of Gujarat. It was founded in the year 1969. The pioneer of the association was Prof. Ramesh Bhatt. Then after Prof. D. T. Lakdawala was the president. Prof. Lakdawala was Dy. Chairman Planning commission and professor in the Department of Economics, University of Mumbai. Subsequently the Association was presided by renowned Economists, Prof. l. G. Patel, Former Governor, Reserve Bank of India, and Director, London School of Economics, London, Late. Prof. V. N. Kothari, Prof. and Head, Department of Economics, M. S. University, Baroda. The immediate past president of the association has been Prof. Y. K. Alagh, Chairman, IRMA, Anand. Prof. Alagh had served the governments in various capacities. He was formerly Minister of State for Energy at the Center and also Vice-Chancellor of Jawaharlal University, New Delhi. Currently the president of association is Dr. Rohit Shukla.
Dr. Rohit Shukla was selected as a National Scholar by the Government of India and Austria for studies in the Vienna University, (1966). He Worked as a Prof. of Economics, Sardar Patel Institute of Economic and Social Research, Ahmedabad for 27 years. His total teaching and research experience is over 55 years. Currently the editor, “Drushti Foundation” which Publishes “Abhidrushti”, a Journal for College and University Teachers. He is also adjunct professor, Gujarat Vidyapith and faculty(WHO) Disaster Management, western region. He is former Director, Academic staff college, Gujarat University. Professor Rohit shukla was the first Director of the Academic Staff College, Gujarat University. He also served as a member of the State Planning Commission. He has worked as a Consultant to the UN bodies like the World Bank and the FAO.
His studies on Famines, Forestry, Environment, Water Management etc, are useful in policy making.
Prof Shukla is the longest serving president of GEA.Professor Shukla is editor of Abhidrashti, a monthly discussing issues of higher education,since last 30 years
1. Organizing Annual Conferences in various parts of Gujarat for the benefits of teachers and students of economics.
2. Arranging workshops and seminars on various topic related to The economy of Gujarat and theoretical topics of economics.
3. Inviting National and International Dignitaries to deliver Key note addresses at the conferences.
4. To encourage and enhance the quality of teaching of economics in Gujarat, by facilitating discussions about the developments in the subject. Capacity building exercises are conducted for the teachers and students.
Some of the Dignitaries who have been and are associated with the Association
1. Prof. Rakesh Mohan, Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India.
2. Prof. S. R. Hashim., Chairman, Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi.
3. Prof. Nitin Desai., Advisor, Prime Minister Advisory Council, New Delhi and Associated with international Monetary Fund.
4. Dr. M. Govinda Rao, Director National institute for Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi.
5. Dr. T. Haque, Chairman, Agricultural Costs and Prices Commission.
6. Ms. Aruna Roy, Activist.
7. Shree Sanat Mehta, Former Finance Minister, Government of Gujarat.
8. Urjit Patel, former governor, Reserve Bank of India.