Financial Aid‎ > ‎


  Financial Aid

Financial Aid is help available for paying for the costs of higher education.  Your family may be able to pay some of the costs with financial aid awards picking up the remainder.

    You must be a US citizen or permanent resident to apply for federal and/or state financial aid. Some institutions may have other funds available for non-citizens.

    You will also need to have an idea which school or schools you are interested in attending.  The type of school, public, private or a trade school will make a difference in the awards you may be eligible for.

There are several types of aid:


Gift assistance awarded on the basis of academic achievement, community service or other requirements as set by the individual scholarship offering. These do not have to be paid back.


Awards are given based on financial need based on your FAFSA form.  These do not have to be paid back.


Funds borrowed by the student or parent which is used to cover the costs at a college.  These DO have to be paid back.  Some of the different loans available are need-based, non-need based, subsidized and unsubsidized.


Jobs, either on or off campus, can be used to pay for college costs.  “Work study” is a need-based federal program.  When filling out FAFSA, you will be asked if you would like “Work Study”, it is advisable to say yes.  You do not have to accept it but it will be there if you need the funds.

Subpages (1): Untitled