1) Athlete must be a graduate of Valhalla and out of high school at least 10 years. (i.e. induction class for 2014 can include up to graduates from 2004)
2) Coach must be out of coaching as a head coach at least 5 years. (Can be an assistant coach) Former Athletic Directors fall under this category.
3) Contributor must have no family ties to the school for 5 years (Ties would include close family members only) Non-athletics staff members would be included in this category.
For an athlete to be inducted, the following should be considered;
1) The depth of the accomplishments (All League vs All CIF)
2) The breadth of the accomplishments (Abilities in multiple sports)
3) The commitment to the school as a student and citizen.
4) The accomplishments post high school that qualify as athletics.
For a coach/AD to be inducted, the following should be considered;
1) The depth of the accomplishments (Level of Champion, League vs CIF vs State Champ)
2) The breadth of the accomplishments (Years of service, as well as, years with championships)
3) The commitment to the school as an educator in their craft and as a role model of good citizenship.
4) The accomplishments recognized by fellow coaches and organizations. (Coach of the Year - League, CIF, State, etc.)
For a contributor to be inducted, the following should be considered;
1) The depth of the contribution. (Amount of involvement)
2) The breadth of the contribution. (Length of involvement)
3) The commitment to the school's educational focus
4) The level in which their contributions affects the most students.
Anyone will be able to nominate an athlete, coach/AD, or contributor. Nomination forms will be linked to the Valhalla website. Nomination forms will be kept for 5 years. Only nomination forms that meet the requirements will be considered.
The selection committee will be comprised of the current athletic administration (AD, Athletics VP, and Principal), as well as, former ADs and former coaches. There will be a minimum of 7 voting members. Those committee members will meet one time, during the winter season, to select 2-5 nominees. Expected commitment is 1-2 hours, once a year for the selection committee.