Student grades are made up of 5 categories:
Welcome to Humanities 1 & English 7C/8C!
I plan on using this space as a tool to plan and organize daily Learning Objectives and Agendas for my Humanities 1 & Senior English classes. Daily Learning Objectives and Agendas can be found by clicking on the desired class' calendar and date.
Class SyllabusTeacher Information
- Teacher name: Ms. Egipto
- Telephone Number: (619) 593-5426
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Humanities 1 After-School Tutorials: Tues. 3-4pm (room 102)
Textbook and Materials
Calendar of Assignments and Due Dates
**I am always looking for new ways to get information to students & parents regarding important upcoming assignments. I will be writing the "Week-at-a-Glance" on the board every week, as well as sending e-mail "blasts" to students & parents, and keeping an up to date calendar on this website, complete with attachments of all handouts. Also, I will be allowing students to sign up for Remind.com, which sends text messages of important reminders straight to their phones! Parents are also encouraged so sign up for this free service, as well.
Freshmen: Text @missegipt to 81010
Seniors: Text @missegipto to 81010
Grading / Evaluation (Eng. 7C/8C)Student grades are made up of 3 categories:
- Please click on the calendar tab at the top of this page. Also, students are required to write their homework in their planners each day.
- Exit Tasks: 60%
- Skill Practice Activities: 30%
- Participation: 10%
- Tests: 25%
- Writing: 25%
- Classwork: 20%
- Homework: 15%
- Final Exam: 15%
- Students must complete all assignments. This includes class work as well as homework.
- Late assignments will receive a 50% deduction for each day the assignment is late. If students do not want to receive a loss of credit then simply turn in your work on time!
- Students must make up missed/failed tests.
- We will be using Turnitin.com this year. You will need to set up an account, or if you already have an account, please add my class.
How to Create Account Video
| Period|| Class ID|| Password|
- All Valhalla High School rules apply.
- Be on time. This means be in your seat and ready to work when the bell rings.
- Bring materials: journal, notebook, paper, pencil, and pen.
- No gum, food, or beverages. Bottled water is allowed.
- Contribute to a positive classroom environment.
- Failure to follow the rules may result in detention, phone calls to parents, referrals, and a lower conduct grade.