Why Are We Changing?
- One email / calendar platform for both staff and students with 25 GB of e-mail storage
- Access of information on any device, anytime, anywhere: through the web or an app
- Considerable support time savings and avoiding a needed and expensive system upgrade
- Staff will keep their usual @blackgold.ca addresses, and their @gshare.blackgold.ca mail will be combined into one Google Apps mail account, with @blackgold.ca as the only address.
- Your email address will not change - it will always be firstname.lastname@example.org All mail sent to this address will always get to you, even during the transition process.
- Mail, contacts and calendar data will be moved for staff through an automated process.
- All of your folders will remain intact as labels.
- Microsoft Office will continue to be licensed through Alberta Ed. Outlook support will end.
- Tech Dept. will support/manage Google Apps mail as they currently do Exchange/Outlook.
- March: Technical Setup and Early Adopters (contact email@example.com to be one)
- April: Training “GoTo” Staff Member in Each School; Setup Early Adopter Schools
- May: Change Over - “Go-Live” Date To Be Announced For Each School