Welcome to Goldendale School District
Please take a moment to review all the great things happening at each of our three schools this year:
Good things happening at Goldendale Primary School:
- The PTO is collecting IGA receipt to earn dollars that go to programs that directly benefit our students; please turn yours into the school office!
- GPS is in it's second year as a Leader In Me School, which is a nationally recognized process to recognize and promote all students as leaders.
- If you are a dad, grandparent or father figure please contact the primary school to become a WATCH D.O.G. (Dads of Great Students).
- Every month we focus on one of the
Seven Habits: Habit 4 - Think Win-Win!
- If you would like to learn more about The Leader In Me, stop by our Leader In Me Library and check out a GREAT book.
Current news from Goldendale Middle School:
- Congratulations to middle school FFA competitors Caroline Knopes and Elizabeth Garcia, who placed 5th in their division at FFA Nationals and they competed against mostly high school students.
- Teachers Sandra Goble and Sherelle Wanderscheid are participants in a national Science Foundation grant called RECON. As a result of that, they are planning to start an astronomy club in the next few weeks.
- GMS continues to bolster its Gateway To Technology curriculum through adding a new course called "Flight and Space". Along with Design and Modeling, Energy and the Environment, and Automation and Robotics, this new course will give GMS 7th and 8th graders access to even more opportunities in math and science.
- Need directions to other schools in our athletic league? Click here for a list of directions to all league schools.
What's cool at Goldendale High School:
- Congratulations to WolfTech 5250 Robotics Team R: Blake Best, Abbie Mains, Hayden Lorton; Team T: Mitchell Bane, Tristen Richmond; and Team W: Nadia & Jade Smith, and Cameron Mains, who have all qualified for the VEX Robotics State Championship March 11th at CWU. They worked cohesively this past weekend, managing to position themselves on the same alliance for finals (which is extremely rare), and won the tournament champion award at Wahluke!
- A Senior Scholarship & College Information bulletin is available in the Career Center.
- For students needing extra help in English, Science, or History, a tutor is available to help you after-school on Wednesday's in Ms. Wahl's room
- The GEAR Up grant provides funding for the STEM- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math programs
- FFA is selling metal signs through the High School Metals Fabrication Class; contact Mr. Krieg at email@example.com for more information
- Students interested in lifting weights in the mornings, Coach Dumolt will be at the gym from 6:30-7:30 a.m. Monday-Friday!
- Parents We Need You: Would you like to join the Goldendale School District Family Engagement Team? This team will help plan and coordinate effective parent involvement activities that improve academic achievement and school performance. You will be an integral part to the development of our District Wide plan. Please contact Laura Lean (509) 773-4665 if you have any questions.
In accordance with Federal law, the Goldendale
School District is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity,
creed, religion, age, veteran or military status, disability, or the use of a
trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, and provides
access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. To file
a complaint of discrimination, write to John Westerman, Title IX, ADA/504
Director, Harassment, Intimidation & Bullying Compliance Officer and Civil
Rights Compliance Officer of Goldendale School District No. 404, 525 Simcoe
Drive, Goldendale WA 98620 or call (509) 773-5846 or email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Goldendale School District is an equal opportunity
employer, complies with all Federal Rules and Regulations, and does not discriminate
for all district employment opportunities.
Goldendale School District is an equal opportunity employer, complies with
all Federal Rules and Regulations, and does not discriminate for all district
programs and employment opportunities.
De acuerdo con la ley federal, el distrito escolar de
Goldendale está prohibido discriminar por motivos de raza, color, origen
nacional, sexo, orientación sexual, expresión de género, identidad de género,
credo, religión, edad, veterano o situación militar, discapacidad o el uso de
un perro guía entrenado o animal de servicio por una persona con una
discapacidad, y proporciona acceso a los Boy Scouts of America y otros grupos
juveniles designados. Para presentar una queja de discriminación, escriba a
John Westerman, Título IX, ADA / 504 Director de, acoso, intimidación y Oficial
de Cumplimiento La intimidación y el Oficial de Cumplimiento de los Derechos
Civiles del distrito escolar de Goldendale No. 404, 525 Simcoe Drive,
Goldendale WA 98620 o llame al (509) 773-5846 o por correo electrónico a
email@example.com. El Distrito escolar de Goldendale es un empleador de
igualdad de oportunidades, cumple con todas las reglas y regulaciones
federales, y no discrimina por todas las oportunidades de empleo de distrito.
Distrito escolar de Goldendale es un empleador de igualdad de oportunidades,
cumple con todas las reglas y regulaciones federales, y no discrimina a contra
los programas del distrito y las oportunidades de empleo.