DTC Meeting notes


District Technology Committee Meeting Agenda for Nov 14, 2016

posted Nov 21, 2016, 7:55 AM by Robert Hickey

District Technology Committee Meeting Agenda for Nov 14, 2016


  • Long Term Planning for Tech Camp in Summer 2017

    • iBoat - we need to follow-up on this.  Not yet finished and no GPS in it yet, the newer GPS is coming.  It can report more often if it approaches land.

  • Follow-up on what was learned from MassCue Conference.  3 HS Teachers went with Natalie, it was enlightening.  They used Google, on Dec 7th during ½ day PD, they will use what they learned at MassCue.  After school workshops will also be done during the following week.  Gary Harriman will capture some of that.  

  • Discussions on Technology needs of K-5, there is a committee which will be meeting on this.  Dec 6th at 2:30pm, Randy is organizing the scheduling of this meeting.  

  • There are some planned upgrades for CJ Payne’s PC – addition of a Solid State Hard Drive and RAM.  This will improve PowerPoint presentations in the HS Auditorium when they are run from the control booth.

  • Aaron Hamlen our Network Administrator is adding a Guest Network to Manchester and also both Raymond Schools:  RES & JSMS.  This will allow Guests in the building to easily connect, especially for presentations/trainings, etc.  There will be RSU14Guest (easy guest access without needing a certificate) plus RSU14Event (access with no restrictions for outsiders doing professional development training for staff)  Also RSU14Event has been expanded to all areas of the High School.

  • Plickers and connecting iPhones to the Apple TV.

  • There will be planning meetings with Vendors on fiber upgrades, switching, enhancement of the network and servers including disaster recovery.  This will be funded with e-Rate money using a 60% discount rate.

  • Several Google App questions from Bob Asselin and Rita Rawding and changes we would like to discuss at DTC.

  1. Should we stay on Schedule release or move over to Rapid Release for new features?

  2. Check email rights for student K-5 ( should we have email or not and should K-5 only have internal email?)

  3. Set up Shared Google Drives for each School.

  4. Logo was changed to be in compliance with the terms of service

  5. Should we Sync with active directory or LDAP server



Natalie WHS - all the projectors were cleaned by end of October.   Inventory and only 5 projectors left.  Ordering a common model to standardize bulbs.  Projector was in a case.  Roy is looking for the bracket.  

Purchase a subscription to PearDeck allows a presentation (similar to LanSchool) and the teacher content can be sent to the students’ machine.  Good analytics, Dec 7th PD in the afternoon.  Polling software is included.  Both Middle Schools can discuss the possibility of this as well.


The printer in the library has been out of service for over a month.  


MS Outlook messages asking teachers to login again.  To click allow, it is coming back every 2-3 weeks.  Related to Office 365?


Pam Carter’s full Adobe has been ordered direct.  



Apple TV - 7 to 15 times per class period.  We will approach Apple on this.




Maria Cyr RES - Jen Potter and Maria bumped off.  Aaron is sending a Meraki, Austin is aware of this.


Authentication - kids get on, asks them to authenticate or it doesn’t ask and you never get prompted again.


Meraki access points will resolve the issues in both WHS and WPS&RES.


Shelli Pride - Adult Ed     They need access to the Adult Ed Cameras.  We need to give them access to the Adult Ed Cameras and the front door and Entry points.  They need a view defined for Adult Ed and an account for Adult Ed.


Technology Teachers are needed in Adult Ed.  Payment depends on the class.

They are looking for everything from 1 night to the Semester.


Kate Thomas Manchester - Every Wednesday, either Peter or Kirby go to Manchester school.


We need to get the projectors cleaned at Manchester.


Lots more staff are trying to use Google docs.


Kate went to Jim Moulton’s book creator at Actem, it is great for all kids doing presentations, etc.  In Dec, Kate will show it at Life Skills.  They want to know iMovie.  Kate may use Natalie to do this.


It takes 10 minutes to login students and they get kicked.  


DTC (District Technology Committee) Mtg Notes for the Oct 17, 2016 Mtg

posted Oct 24, 2016, 12:33 PM by Robert Hickey

DTC (District Technology Committee)  Mtg Notes for the Oct 17, 2016 Mtg

Bob Hickey – Technology Director

  • Update from last meeting: Google Calendar & website (no changes to website w/o Supt approval)

    • Natalie’s idea for merged Google Calendars at the high school has not taken off. Deb McAfee is still adding events individually to the Savvy website. Savvy is outdated and needs to be replaced, no replacement has been chosen yet.

    • SchoolBlocks: $650/year and it can use Google Drive to feed content to Calendar

    • School Point:  $1,500 setup and yearly support $5k/year

      • Optimized for Mobile devices  

    • New Google Sites→ free, currently in beta

      • Yarmouth,Falmouth,Bonney Eagle contracted this out for website redesign

      • Nice features:

        • Easy to use, like making a slideshow

        • Google Drive Integration

      • Missing (so far):

        • No adding pages for external sites

  • No html embedding

  • Cannot merge multiple calendars

  • Cannot customize header images on different pages

  • Who can visit: Only two options (only my school or open to entire web)

  • Share settings- no View only

  • Projectors

    • Bill from Rave is being contracted to clean projectors and conduct an inventory in several schools

      • Primary school is completed

      • Currently working on the high school

    • Plan going forward: replace broken projectors with new projectors, short-throw projectors, wall-mounted flat screens, etc?

  • ACTEM share-out:

    • PearDeck- interactive presentations with built-in assessments and polling  (similar to NearPod), potential applications in math & graphing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evoJy4WcReM

    • Discussion at the last Actem Meeting – what will be the future of MLTI?

    • EduPoint was at the Actem Conference, this is the SIS which the State accepted as the State Module replacing Infinite Campus State Module.  We will be setting up an overview WebEx – details on this will be forthcoming.  Natalie and I spoke with them at the Actem Conference on Friday Oct 14th.

    • Google Expeditions - possibly borrow this from Scarborough to experiment with it?
      https://www.google.com/edu/expeditions/

    • Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration http://www.cilc.org/

    • Google Classroom: www.classroom.google.com - teachers can use their school google account to create a Google Classroom and give students a code to invite them to the class

    • Google Chrome Cast

    • Book Creator for iPad

  • Lexia and Aimsweb account creation

  • Copier/Printer Upgrades will be scheduled.

  • We are finally at a point of new MacBook Airs for grades 6 through 12.  I will raise discussion of what grades K-5 need for Technology and want feedback from the buildings on device preference and plans on how to best use them.  

    • Manchester would like MacBook Airs for students and teachers.

  • School Report Outs:

    • Danielle Burian (Manchester) - Manchester requires laptops in a laptop case and it helps with breakage, etc.


  • Austin Carr (JSMS rep) - MLTI trying to prove the worth of the program so they are promoting dedicated PD support. Apple trainers will spend 2 days training in November and will go over the new MacBook Airs purchased last year.  If you target the training, it will run better.

    • Perhaps this would work with the iPads at the lower grades?  Tara and Jim will come up with something.


  • Natalie Skovran (WHS) -

    • Teachers requested Desktop Monitoring Software so during class can see what is on a student’s desktop (AeroSchool?) with a Lock-Down Browser.  It’s Learning software? - it was part of their suite.

    • Follow up from last meeting - we need 3 Adobe Creative Suite for teachers at WHS?

    • Office365  - OneNote Account for Wayne Rathbun and Natalie Skovran to test with Microsoft OneNote- they will be part of the pilot of Office365 along with the Tech Dept.

    • Regarding the WPS with the iPads - training on SeeSaw at their Tech Wednesday.  Some have an iPad and some don’t have them yet.  Waiting on Shared iPad experience.   They aren’t ready to go out yet.

      • Jim Moulton will help provide Apple Classroom training.


  • Shelli Pride (Adult Ed) -



Save for next DTC meeting:

  • Long Term Planning for Tech Camp in Summer 2017

  • MassCue Conference is coming up on Wed and Thursday this week.

  • OEV Purchasing Group

  • There are some planned upgrades for CJ Payne’s PC – addition of a Solid State Hard Drive and RAM.  This will improve PowerPoint presentations in the HS Auditorium when they are run from the control booth.

  • Aaron Hamlen our Network Administrator is adding a Guest Network to Manchester and also both Raymond Schools:  RES & JSMS.  This will allow Guests in the building to easily connect, especially for presentations/trainings, etc.  There will be RSU14Guest (easy guest access without needing a certificate) plus RSU14Event (access with no restrictions for outsiders doing professional development training for staff)

  • There will be planning meetings with Vendors on fiber upgrades, switching, enhancement of the network and servers including disaster recovery.  This will be funded with e-Rate money using a 60% discount rate.





DTC (District Tech Committee) Meeting on Sept 12, 2016

posted Sep 14, 2016, 5:50 AM by Robert Hickey

Topics of discussion for DTC Meeting on Sept 12, 2016

1.    The Tech Standards for Students - need to be updated.  Overview by Christine Hesler.  There are shared Google Docs on this topic. Updates will be submitted to Christine.  The DTC Committee will work with the Curriculum Dept to establish when the Student Tech Stds need to be completed.   Follow-up on this initiative at the next DTC meeting in Mid-October.

Link to documents:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B85csIi2QDggQVA3cUQ1VDEwbTA?usp=sharing

2.       Scholastic(Fasttmath, Read180,System44), IXL, Google, Aimsweb, SuccessNet from Pearson(Reading Street)  Can the lower grades get homerooms setup earlier in the summer as well?  This holds up account creation in our different educational programs as we need students assigned for things to move forward.  Special Ed students weren’t assigned until later and this held up Read180 & System44 accounts.  Perhaps next year we could target these areas for earlier scheduling?

3.       KathyGillis@RES and JulieYoung@WPS are doing Lexia and Rita worked with Lisa Backman on Aimsweb accts.  NWEA accounts.

4.       Anyone else in your buildings need staff training of account creation for NWEA?

a.      Sherry LaVallee in Raymond for NWEA

b.       NWEA - Rita checked it out at Manchester: watch for authentication to WebSense and run the secure browser when nothing else is running.  To get the prompt screen, bring your browser to Boston.com and you should get a login screen.

5.    Shared calendar for principals and buildings – we have it in Savvy but how practical is it to stay with Savvy?

    1. Will Google Calendar fill this role, will it work with features and is it easy enough to use and robust?

    2. Does the new shared event Google Calendar (RSU14 Activities – s/b WHS Activities) deal with the same things?

  1. Light up the licenses for Google administration of the Katahdin Program Chromebooks so they can be maintained using that.  Also management licenses for Adult Ed Chromebooks so they can have shared printing, etc.

  2. Also, discuss the cutover of removing the local Spam filter and configuration and effecting impact of moving the email to the cloud based Exchange. Old Spam Filter needs to be illustrated on where their old spam is located.  We will cutover to the new Spam filter on Oct 1st.  A PDF has been sent out.  Bob A and Rita will create a video on the new spam filter.  Sender has been approved but failed to release the email, you have to release it as well.

  3. Map Katahdinprogram.org  

9.    Students shouldn’t be allowed to use a teacher’s or Ed Tech’s machine.  The students should bring the laptop from another room.   The security is different and inappropriate for children.

Class Dojo - on people’s personal device.  Expand the Guest Network to the other buildings.


NWEA & State Testing Teacher needs to stay in the room as their laptop has control of the session and only that person and laptop can restart a student session.

Follow-up  Shelly Pride – did they find a location for their Excel 2010 class on Tuesday.


Jason - WMS Drew Tech Stds in JumpRope.

Everyone has Airs and next step Apple TVs.


Curriculum - Christine - loading JumpRope, can’t move old stuff into an old folder.

Request that every performance indicator has a grade in front of it.


Maria - RES - DoJo, Apple TV in the building for 1st grade teacher and 1 in Kindergarten.


Shelli - Adult Ed - Rita is the go to person for Chromebooks.  Would love some question/answer and review issues.  We will schedule this with Adult Ed and Tech Dept members.   Wifi is spotty, this why chromebooks are not as fast as they could be. Tina’s wireless keyboard, she is having issues with it.  Bluetooth keyboard that came with the Chromebook.  A new wiring run has been requested for the hallway.


Natalie - WHS - Survey sent to the HS teachers and 36 respondents.  IC no issues.  Gradebook sorting had changed to alphabetical instead of sorting by date.  Biggest results were Apple TVs and Projectors.  Apple TVs are not reliable and will drop the connection often.   The AirPlay button disappears.  It is getting less reliable.  Creating the MLTI AV network didn’t resolve it.  34 out of 36 teachers had Apple TV issues.  Randy mentioned teachers with flat screen TVs have had no issues.  We need to work with Austin and Pam Hecker on resolving this.

Link to survey results: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16LVaS28q6EWRGL7C1wwXwbqKpd3CSpPikc8rnmJxF68/pub


Beginning HS Projector Inventory: https://docs.google.com/a/grsu14.org/spreadsheets/d/1h-bJ1ChwQ06oZdJPfbQTThFI3KT1l-50QdyJPGByba4/edit?usp=sharing


Teacher requests for a couple types of software:  Adobe Acrobat Pro for Mac 6 or so copies.

Software for monitoring testing online - a secure browser.  Chicken in a Can - out of business.  It is a feature of Learning Management Systems.  Moodle for a lot of quizzes, its Learning and Schoology has it.  


Teachers want to use Plickers for student polling and the guest network is too slow to use.  Other polling software - socrative, Google Forums, etc.


Maybe Depts - purchase iPads


Manchester - Danielle Burian - worked with Rita and Bob A and NWEA testing, etc.  Kate filled in trouble ticket - 10 minutes to load.


DTC Meeting Agenda May 9, 2016

posted May 9, 2016, 9:39 AM by Bob Asselin


Agenda items to discuss:

  • Ø  Summer Tech Camp update
  • Ø  iBoat update
  • Ø  Request to the schools of what projects they need done by the tech department for the upcoming school year?
  • Ø  IXL student hacks demo and steps on how to resolve it. 
  • Ø  Request from the schools are there any changes in the licensing needed for IXL Scholastic or any other educational package 
  • Ø  Infinite Campus updates, what’s new? We attended the infinite campus users group in South Portland on May 3rd and were surprised to hear that there is only a guaranteed State contract for both local and state-based Infinite Campus for the next two years.
  • Ø  Office 2016 will be on new MacBook Airs.   There is some work being done on the Meraki filter which may be able to replace our Websense filter.   Some LDAP and other prep work will be done on May 16th starting at 3:15pm.
  • Ø  Aaron Hamlin, our network administrator continues to work on implementing Office 365.
  • Ø  Please let us know if there are issues with either copy yours or printers. I have met with both vendors and both are anxious to improve service so please let us know how that can be achieved beyond what you are receiving now.
  • Ø  We are also looking into office supplies with additional vendors be on WB Mason discussions are ongoing with Office Depot and Staples as well as others.
  • Ø  Bob Hickey is meeting with Office Depot on May 17th to look at document imaging in the possibilities for scanned documents stored electronically as well as document organization.
  • Ø  We are working with the facilities department and the school board and Senior Administration to put in place a CIP (Capital Improvement Program) for long-term financing of client devices (IE MacBook Airs, iPads, etc.) to smooth out the hills and valleys of large purchases.
  • Ø  Note: The copier and printer folks want to come on-site to do an inventory and want to survey key operators usually BCs or in some cases secretaries, on how services are working with copiers and printers
  • Ø  The Technology Department, as well as Curriculum representatives and representatives from High School Library Services attended the Tech Live Conference in Newton Mass April 29th.
  • Ø  Apple is meeting with both Windham Primary School and Raymond Elementary School to make sure a successful implementation of the iPads will occur at the lower levels.   The Windham primary school meeting will be held on May 24th at 10:30 a.m. and the Raymond Elementary meeting will be held on May 17th at 7:15 a.m.
  • Ø  We have rolled over enrollment of all students for all schools into next year and set up calendars for next year within Infinite Campus.   A refresh rollover of student enrollment will occur in the summer so any new enrollees or changes will be updated.
  • Ø  We are working on opening Skype and are in the process of testing it if anyone wishes to test it, please let us know if you have any issues at all and we will work to resolve it as soon as possible.
  • Ø  Please let us know any needs you may have and how we may serve you better! 

District Technology Committee Agenda April 11, 2017

posted Apr 12, 2016, 6:32 AM by Bob Asselin

District Technology Committee Meeting Agenda for Monday April 11, 2016  3:30pm-5pm 

·         We’d like to hear a report from the BCs on how MEA testing went
·         Possibility of doing a summer tech camp for our staff only
·         Status of Tech Support pages https://sites.google.com/a/grsu14.org/technology/
·         What are some example of great projects staff are doing using Technology?
·         Start thinking on what we need to do this summer in prep for 2016-17 school year.
·         Student tech standards, what is the status?
·         Discussion on what was proposed for the School Board on technology for 6th grade and K-3
·         Discussion of the upcoming Tech Live Learning conference on Friday April 29th.
·         Updates from folks on how Jump Rope is working for staff.
·         We are working on automating Naviance.
·         VersaTrans busing software is going to be upgraded to a new package with Tyler Tech.
·         Google Groups for interacting with Professional Contacts
·         Reminder that we are converting to Aesop from SubFinder later this month. 
·         Google Management Licenses
·         Vigilance – quick demo
·         Mention there are 25 Chromebooks going into Adult Ed.

·         Last Meeting of the Year is May 9th.

DTC March 7, 2016 Minutes

posted Mar 7, 2016, 1:53 PM by Bob Asselin

District Technology Committee Meeting Agenda - Monday March 7, 2016



Hopskotch and Tynker, Scratch through MIT - for programming languages for Middle School Students.



MEA assessment test now known as eMPower ME.  Update on the status of this new assessment and the implementation of the clients on the platforms for: MLTI Macs and non-MLTI Macs and also for Windows machines. the iPad version of the MEA assessment was recently released but not fully vetted.


Spam filtering and the Symantec gateway, we are experimenting with a new version which will run outside of our network which will be evaluated over the next 30 days in order to see if we can improve our spam filter.


Office365, we are still evaluating whether we want to do that as it impacts Exchange hosting.  St. Joseph’s College Launched it, Skip Williamson, John Hoffstedder,


Bob Asselin has brought up a new online registration system for simple tasks that can be tied into Google Spreadsheets and scripting.  Form Ranger, attach scripts to the form to do something special.  The form could be registration for an activity.  Keep track of open sessions and remove that item from the listing, etc…  Java script add ons.  Sample spreadsheet with instructions on how to set it up can be had from Bob A.  The new Form layout, the scripts don’t all work anymore.  These are 3rd party scripts written by others and users will automatically get the update.  It is free and doesn’t require a lot of setup.


We are experimenting with a new software called Vigilance in the District Office and it will soon be deployed and Adult Ed and later for high school administration.


ESchool News  http://www.eschoolnews.com/   has an opportunity for folks to receive 10 lessons and digit digital citizenship and it comes from Kansas.  http://www.eschoolnews.com/2016/03/01/curriculum-includes-10-lessons-digital-citizenship/


We will review the good senders and bad senders and blocking or allowing an entire domain for the existing spam filtering software.


Discussions and work toward a redesign of the website are in very preliminary stages and will only move forward with approval from Sandy Prince. ? new link to draft site? (diane)   https://sites.google.com/a/grsu14.org/newrsu14/


We are moving forward with the Aesop conversion and email from HR will go out to teachers and substitutes on how the new a subsystem will replace SubFinder. The switch over will be in late April and new entries after that time will have to be entered directly into Aesop because they will no longer be allowed in SubFinder.  Existing future appointments have been moved from SubFinder to Aesop.  This work was done by Holly Paulson and Laurie Fabrizio-Bowen.    Please check for the app if you are interested:  

frontline is the company,  aesop is the software

https://m.aesoponline.com



WMS And JSMS - no issues.



WHS - Google Classroom and Calendars, a few HS folks had an issue - the older version (last year), had calendar issues.  Google is working on a work around.


No issues at Manchester.


Adult Ed - Shelli, Kirby has installed.  Glitch on the copier, but that was resolved by Rita Rawding.  A ticket for room 130, that is for the Tandberg internet connection.  This is Kelly Anne Rush across from the library.  It needs a network connection tested.  I’ll ask Pam to check it.


They have 129, 130, room in the library and they have 3 rooms, but when they are.


WPS - Kayla - smart boards issues, just a couple alignment issues but nothing major.


In IC, one of Kayla’s student is showing up the attendance list but not on the roster.  Only shows up for Math Stds but not for the ELA stds.


Ted - Real School, printers.  Haven’t been getting too many calls.

We can work with Google Tech Support.  


WHS - Diane, the team we have working is just phenomenal.  Diane inherited a smart board but needs setup.  Electronics haven’t been hooked up.  Bob A will meet with Diane tomorrow morning, download the software and setup the Smart Board.










DTC Agenda for March 7 Meeting

posted Mar 7, 2016, 7:00 AM by Bob Asselin

District Technology Committee Meeting Agenda - Monday March 7, 2016

 

MEA assessment test now known as eMPower ME.  Update on the status of this new assessment and the implementation of the clients on the platforms for: MLTI Macs and non-MLTI Macs and also for Windows machines. the iPad version of the MEA assessment was recently released but not fully vetted.

 

Spam filtering and the Symantec gateway, we are experimenting with a new version which will run outside of our network which will be evaluated over the next 30 days in order to see if we can improve our spam filter.

 

Office365, we are still evaluating whether we want to do that as it impacts Exchange hosting.

 

Bob Asselin has brought up a new online registration system for simple tasks that can be tied into Google Spreadsheets and scripting.

 

We are experimenting with a new software called Vigilance in the District Office and it will soon be deployed and Adult Ed and later for high school administration.

 

ESchool News has an opportunity for folks to receive 10 lessons and digit digital citizenship and it comes from Kansas.

 

We will review the good senders and bad senders and blocking or allowing an entire domain for the existing spam filtering software

 

Discussions and work toward a redesign of the website are in very preliminary stages and will only move forward with approval from Sandy Prince.

 

We are moving forward with the Aesop conversion and email from HR will go out to teachers and substitutes on how the new a subsystem will replace SubFinder. The switch over will be in late April and new entries after that time will have to be entered directly into Aesop because they will no longer be allowed in SubFinder.  Existing future appointments have been moved from SubFinder to Aesop.  This work was done by Holly Paulson and Laurie Fabrizio-Bowen.  

DTC Minutes Feb 22, 2016

posted Feb 23, 2016, 5:30 AM by Bob Asselin

Minutes for District Technology Committee Meeting

Secure and filtered browser - PebbleGo.com($400/school) or DuckDuckGo - should be done by building.  Julie wrote a grant for WorldBook Kids, this would be similar.

 

      Backups are being redesigned – AX4s were moved to the Disaster Recovery center in WPS.  Also our EMC VNX5100 is being prepped for movement.  This will allow more backups for additional safety.  Our Video servers are being grown for additional space as well.

 

      The disaster recovery center will be getting UPS and Cooling soon.

 

      We are looking at long term planning of wireless improvements in the lower grades, some options: Meraki or Aero hive.

 

      IC – are teachers other than in the HS missing grades which were entered into IC and lost?  It may be caused by cached history, on PCs  and Chromebooks:  Control H gets you there.   On Macs, Command Y is a short cut to history/caching.    IC is on version 16 and the SQL Database has been updated.  Folks should also restart their PC or Mac to help resolve memory and buffer issues.  Hopefully this is helpful in resolving missing grades.

 

      Rita is prepping for Spring NWEA testing.   ** Bob H will send the link from WPS to Christine.  Will all schools needing headphones, please let Bob H and Christine Hesler know.  

 

      eMPower ME = MEA test, we in the Tech Dept. are prepping for the deployment of the testing client on multiple platforms.

 

      Mention of Student Only Tech Camp this year.  There will not be a Tech Camp for Staff this summer.  Student Tech Camp would be June 23, 2016.    Jason Lanoie will be running a 3D camp in mid-July through Tom Bickford and Maine Robotics. 

      Also, update on status of iBoat.  WPS has taken over the iBoat.  They will come up with a launch date, the boat needs to be decorated (decals on paper will be laminated)   It needs to be named.  Spring or the end of summer, it needs to be launched.  Perhaps the launch could be a field trip.  Launched by a fisherman and the students meet with them.  Maine Maritime could launch it.  There are a lot of resources, lesson plans, etc.

 

      WIDA testing – update are going well so far and we will turn off updates for changes to the testing administrative module later this testing season.

 

      The Firewalls at WHS and Bus Garage were updated.  We will review Meraki filter to see if it is better or as strong as what we are using (Websense)

 

      Cable TV – is it being used by the buildings as an educational asset?

 

      IC SQL was updated to version 2014 last week during vacation.

 

      AESOP is being implemented as a replacement for SubFinder

 

      Office365, I’m reaching out to Microsoft to move this ahead.

 

Natalie:  Even if there were 2 or 3 days, it would be great if RSU 14 could hold some sort of Staff Tech PD in the summer.   August would work better for new staff.

 

Apple TVs are almost figured out.  The Southern Maine Tech Integrator groups said their Apple TVs.

 

Rich Harris(JSMS):  Typing Software, the one they have is awful.  The one they are using at the JSMS wiped out the data (Ultrakey wiped out their data.)    ** see if Aaron can restore this.

 

A Server for the announcement TV (digital signage).

 

 

Jason Lanoie (WMS):  MEA Testing will be done in early April.

 

**   IXL apps, where is this with Websense case?

 

Julie (WPS): Tanga iPads $165, they got 11 of the iPads, each team gets 11 of them for a week.  Their testing week is the last week of March.

 

Today was opening day for Kindergarten Registration.

PTCFast is only setup for WPS and not yet set up RES.

The code was wrong but has been updated.

 

 

Ted Gill (Real School):  installing the print monitor and Ted wasn't able to install that (FM Audit?)

 

Maria (RES) - got the go ahead for testing on NWEA.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DTC Agenda Feb 22, 2016

posted Feb 22, 2016, 10:56 AM by Bob Asselin   [ updated Feb 23, 2016, 5:26 AM ]

Agenda items for the next DTC (District Technology Committee Meeting)

This meeting will be held on Monday Feb 22, 2016   3:30pm – 5pm   

The meeting was moved to this date since we had a snow storm prior to vacation which caused this meeting to be delayed.

 

  •     Backups are being redesigned – AX4s were moved to the Disaster Recovery center in WPS.  Also our EMC VNX5100 is being prepped for movement.  This will allow more backups for additional safety.  Our Video servers are being grown for additional space as well.
 
·         The disaster recovery center will be getting UPS and Cooling soon.
 
·         We are looking at long term planning of wireless improvements in the lower grades, some options: Meraki or Aero hive.
 
·         IC – are teachers other than in the HS missing grades which were entered into IC and lost?
 
·         Rita is prepping for Spring NWEA testing.
 
·         eMPower, we in the Tech Dept. are prepping for the deployment of the testing client on multiple platforms.
 
 
·         Mention of Student Only Tech Camp this year.  There will not be a Tech Camp for Staff this summer.  Also, update on status of iBoat.
 
·         WIDA testing – update are going well so far and we will turn off updates for changes to the testing administrative module later this testing season.
 
·         The Firewalls at WHS and Bus Garage were updated.  We will review Meraki filter to see if it is better or as strong as what we are using (Websense)
 
·         Cable TV – is it being used by the buildings as an educational asset?
 
·         IC SQL was updated to version 2014 last week during vacation.
 
·         AESOP is being implemented as a replacement for SubFinder
 
·         Office365, I’m reaching out to Microsoft to move this ahead.
 

DTC Meeting Agenda December 7, 2015

posted Dec 7, 2015, 5:42 AM by Bob Asselin

District Technology Committee Mtg     Monday Dec 7, 2015

 

  1. 1)      Update on Chromebooks as an option for the next deployment of MLTI.
  2. 2)      Sample Classroom for the future and its technology needs.
  3. 3)      Update on the replacement to the Smarter Balanced Assessments – information discovered on the upcoming assessment.
  4. 4)      Core switch upgrade and Firewall upgrade
  5. 5)      Jump Rope – parent contact information was added to the nightly updates
  6. 6)      Overview of RSU14Event internet coverage
  7. 7)      Update on the status of the iBoat
  8. 8)      Rita has done a mail merge for WMS on parent information for Jump Rope credentials so parents can access the portal.
  9. 9)      We’ve had the fiber checked in the district, there are some items to improve the fiber between the High School and Windham Primary School.
  10. 10)   Disaster Recovery Center update.
  11. 11)   WIDA testing update 

1-10 of 30