Welcome to the RHS media center
The mission of the Riverside High Library is to ensure that students and staff develop critical thinking skills, are effective and ethical users of resources, ideas, and information, and are enthusiastic readers and lifelong learners.
Hours & Schedule
The Media Center is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please see signage on the doors for any changes to the hours and schedule. Students may typically come in during Open AM and Open PM without a pass unless we are closed.
Students are invited to come during FLEX for scheduled activities. Passes must be obtained from the library no later than 4th period.
- Monday: Mindful Monday - Join us as Ms. Peasley introduces a new mindfulness technique each week to help balance stress, manage emotions, calm the mind, and reach an overall state of balance.
- Tuesday: Tinker Tuesday - we'll do STEAM activities using our Makerspace
- Wednesday: Book Club - weekly activities and discussion based upon current book pick
- Thursday: Quiet/Small Group Study Day
- Friday: Free Friday - no specified activities
Students may check out up to three books at a time. Ask if you need additional books and we will try to accommodate you. Books are circulated to students for three weeks. Overdue fines are $0.10 per item, per school day. Your due date is stamped on the inside cover of your book. Renew your book prior to the due date if you need more time to read it. Any student who owes a book fine may check out one item at a time until the obligation is satisfied. Students are reminded of library obligations by notices that are distributed via the Media Center throughout the school year.
Students may print black and white for $0.10 per page and print color for $0.25 per page. Please be sure to bring cash with you when you print. We cannot debit money from your lunch account. Students are responsible for all pages that they print.