Labs‎ > ‎

Functional Testing

Conventional laboratory testing generally treats 95% of the results of haematology and biochemistry tests as being within normal parameters, and the other 5% as pathological. A patient is either healthy or sick, with little or no room for ambiguous results. A functional approach to laboratory testing looks at these results in a different light. A complete functional laboratory analysis can be useful as part of a basic health screening programme, as it interprets results at the high or low end of the 'normal' scale as well as the pathological values. A series of tests can show trends for improvement or worsening.

Greenfields offers a complete package of functional blood testing with a full multi-page report included.
    The following parameters are included in the full functional laboratory analysis, along with a comprehensive report detailing trends and health risks:
    1. Albumin
    2. Albumin/Globulin Ratio
    3. ALP Alkaline Phosphatase
    4. ALT / GPT
    5. Anion Gap
    6. AST / GOT
    7. Basophils
    8. Bicarbonate
    9. Bilirubin direct
    10. Bilirubin indirect
    11. Bilirubin Total
    12. BUN Blood Urea Nitrogen
    13. BUN/Creatinine Ratio
    14. C peptide
    15. Calcium
    16. Chloride
    17. Cholesterol LDL
    18. Cholesterol Total
    19. Cholesterol, HDL
    20. Cholesterol/HDL Ratio
    21. Creatinine
    22. CRP quantitative C-Reactive Protein
    23. DHEA Sulphate
    24. eGFR Glomerular Filtration Rate
    25. Eosinophils
    26. Estradiol e2
    27. Ferritin
    28. Fibrinogen Activity
    29. Folate
    30. Free T3
    31. Free T4
    32. Gamma GT
    33. Globulin
    34. Glucose
    35. Haemocrit
    36. Haemoglobin
    37. HbA1c (mol) Glycosylated Haemoglobin
    38. HbA1c
    39. Homocysteine
    40. HsCRP High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein
    41. Insulin
    42. Iron
    43. Iron Binding Capacity total
    44. LDH Lactate Dehydrogenase
    45. Lymphocytes
    46. MCH Mean Corpuscular Haemoglobin
    47. MCHC Mean Corpuscular Haemoglobin Concentration
    48. MCV Mean Corpuscular Volume
    49. Monocytes
    50. Neutrophils
    51. Phosphorus
    52. Platelets
    53. Potassium
    54. Progesterone
    55. PSA c total Prostate Specific Antigen
    56. RDW Red Cell Distribution Width
    57. Red Cell count
    58. ESR Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate
    59. SHBG Sex Hormone Binding Globulin
    60. Sodium
    61. Testosterone Total
    62. Total Protein
    63. Total T3
    64. Total T4
    65. Transferrin
    66. Transferrin % Saturation
    67. Triglycerides
    68. TSH Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
    69. Uric Acid
    70. Vitamin B12
    71. Vitamin D3
    72. Magnesium (Serum)
    73. White Blood Cell count
    Additional tests may be added, such as thyroid antibodiesLDH Isoenzymes, depending on the circumstances.

    Blood can be drawn at a local phlebotomy centre near our clinic, or at a centre local to you at your convenience. Please fast on water only before the test and avoid supplements for 24 hours. You should only have your blood collected Monday to Thursday. 
    Blood testing at Greenfields London
    Functional blood testing

    Sample report at Greenfields London

    Example report

    Test results at Greenfields London

    Example report