Welcome to 7th grade ELA! I am so happy to have you in class! It's going to be a great year! I know this because I absolutely LOVE what I do! I am super excited to have such wonderful 7th graders and cannot wait to see what this year holds!
I have been teaching for 10 years. I have been in Granbury for 8 years. I graduated from the University of Texas with a Bachelors of Arts degree in Child and Family Studies and Education. I have a big family with 4 amazing children, Tyler, Blayne, Brayden and Kya, my husband Colby of 13 years!
I will try my best to be available to you through email, and/or conference time. Please, allow me to help you in any way that I can.
In 7th grade, we have Accelerated ELA and On-Level. The difference between with Accelerated ELA is this:
- Challenging PBL Projects with increased rigor
- Differs from Standard ELAR due to more rigorous content in which students must become the “expert” and create resources to be used by other students
- College-Prep Research with intentional focus on citations and evaluation of sources
- Differs from Standard ELAR due to the advanced level of focus areas; Standard course focuses on research process
- Advanced Crafting for Writers
- Differs from Standard ELAR due to more rigorous content in which students must become the “expert” and create resources to be used by other students (primarily being taught via PBLs)
- SAT/ACT Prep through novels with a focus on Greek/Latin roots and on diagramming for intensive grammar study
On-Level ELAR does not specifically focus on SAT/ACT, works with background-building vocabulary rather than Greek/Latin roots, and engages in basic grammar study that may not involve diagramming.