- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
There are three categories in which your academic growth and achievement will be measured.
- Formative 0%
- Benchmarks 30%
- Summatives 70%
Formative Assessments (0%)
Daily practice is an essential part of the learning process where students can practice the skills taught in class. It is our expectation that all students will produce quality work on all daily practice. Daily practices are classified in two ways: first time practice and graded practice. First time practice provides an initial attempt at a skill and feedback, but will not be included in the quarter grade.
Graded practice will be recorded in the online grade book and will count in the calculation of the quarter grade. Corrections may be required as a part of the learning process and will not be counted in the calculation of the quarter grade.
Quizzes are assessments used to determine how students are progressing with skills and concepts taught in class. Quizzes are graded, recorded in the online grade book, and counted in the calculation of the quarter grade. Quiz corrections will be required as a part of the learning process and will not be counted in the calculation of the quarter grade.
Tests are summative assessments used to measure what skills and concepts students have learned. Tests are graded, recorded in the online grade book, and counted in the calculation of the quarter grade. Retests are part of the learning process. Every student can earn the privilege to retake a summative assessment; however, all formative homework must be completed in order to take part in this opportunity.
- Steps for Retesting
- Complete all test corrections.
- Complete retest form including a parent signature.
- Schedule and meet with the teacher to review prior to retest.
- A retest will be given at a teacher-determined date and time. If a student fails to show up on the retest day or fails to complete all steps, the original test score will remain in the grade book.