Partage Is Looking For Two Representatives
Partage is a brand new partial truckload brokerage headquartered in the Kinzie Industrial Corridor of Chicago (333 N. Oakley Blvd). We’re preparing to launch in late June and recently hired our first three employees to begin on June 6th. We're interviewing now for our second wave of two employees to start on July 11th. When you search for us online, you won’t find anything just yet. Don’t worry - Partage is the real deal. The business is owned by Sean Devine and John Labrie - two well-known and successful industry veterans determined to build the best specialty brokerage in the country.If you live in Chicago and could start your career with us on Monday, July 11th, 2011, take a careful read through the job description and application process below.
What Would You Do Every Day?Since this is a new role at a new company, we’re speculating a bit here. But this list will give you a good idea of how you would spend your days at Partage:
- Cold call potential customers to introduce them to our service and ask for rate quotes.
- Email potential customers with follow up information about our service.
- Call existing customers to offer assistance on new shipments.
- Call carriers to get price quotes for potential customer shipments.
- Work with customers and carriers to solve problems related to booked shipments.
- Sell customers on our best option for the shipment that they’ve quoted.
- Gather information about carrier capacity.
- Find new carriers to support hot markets.
- Assist customers with filing freight claims for lost or damaged shipments.
- Review carrier invoices and request payment.
- Have direct conversations with customers about the potential problems with a given solution.
- Train new team members that join each month.
Are You a Good Fit?If you’re right for the job, you’ll agree with most of these statements.
- You like to be part of a team.
- You like to do things the right way and don’t take shortcuts.
- You are interested in building a great career step-by-step.
- You are positive person and see the bright side of situations.
- You feel satisfied when you’ve worked hard on something.
- You like to learn and are coachable.
- You handle bad situations in good ways.
- You don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily.
- You like the security of a salaried job.
- Most people feel that you’re likable.
What’s Great About The Job?If you join the team, you’ll be tired at the end of each day - this is hard work. But, working at Partage will have some nice benefits too. Here are some of the highlights:
- This is not a commission-based sales job. We provide a salary so that you know exactly how much you’ll receive in every paycheck.
- We plan on growing steadily for years to come - if you’re successful and learn the basics, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to grow with us.
- Our offices are simple, but very nice.
- You’ll work directly with the owners every day and learn from their transportation and procurement expertise.
- You’ll get to be part of something new and exciting from the very beginning.
Do You Want To Apply?Still interested? Do you think that you’re the right person for the job? Here’s how to apply (make sure to follow these instructions carefully):Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following content:
- In the body of the email, answer these three questions in under 100 words each:
- Attach your resume, preferably as a PDF or plain text file.We’ll select finalists for face-to-face interview based entirely on the email applications. Job offers will be made by Friday, May 27th.
- Why did you decide to apply for this job?
- What questions would you like for us to answer during your interview?
- What would you do if you learned that a customer’s shipment was in a trailer that was hijacked and hadn’t yet been recovered by police?