Our Special Connections Community
The Golden Heritage staff knows the importance of providing the proper support for those facing memory losses. Our Connections Community offers special support for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. We encourage family participation in developing an individualized plan of care for each resident.
In addition to a personalized plan of care, our Connections Community provides all the standard services of our Assisted Living program. Residents have the opportunity to relate with each other through an assortment of interactive activities to help them deal with their memory loss. There are daily-individualized planned activities to help stimulate their mind, body, and spirit. As most of our staff is able to speak various Chinese dialects and some other Asian languages, we can provide our residents with an atmosphere and activities that are both familiar and comfortable to our residents. As with all of our residents, these seniors receive healthful, delicious, and nutritious meals – another important part of their care. Our Connections Program residents are included in many of the same activities and entertainment programs as those in Assisted Living.
Golden Heritage’s Connections Community is designed for the safety and well being of the residents. The residents live in a separate neighborhood within our Golden Heritage Senior Living community. There they have a customized dining and activity area with our specially trained staff who are on duty at all times. We have a beautiful and secure courtyard, where our caregivers can accompany our residents for walks and enjoying the outdoors. Our Golden Heritage vans allow our residents to enjoy outings to various scenic areas of our beautiful South Bay.
Amenities and Services
- Three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of choices
- Snacks available throughout the day
- Weekly housekeeping / laundry
- Personal assistance with activities for daily living needs like bathing, grooming, dressing, transfers, and personal hygiene (services as needed)
- Connection Care including social, educational, devotional, and recreational program
- Scheduled group outings
- Trained caregivers available 24 hours a day
- Medication management
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed nurse if needed
- Assistance / emergency call pendant
- Cable television ready
- Phone, local and unlimited long distance included
- High-speed internet access including wireless