Setting Up Your Information
- On the Google Docs menu bar, click on New and select Spreadsheet.
- This is where you will construct your flash cards. In cell A1, add a column heading titled “Vocabulary Word.” In cell B1, add a column heading titled “Definition.”
- In the cells below the column heading “Vocabulary Word,” add your
list of vocabulary words, with each word in one cell.
- In the cells below the column heading “Definition,” add the
vocabulary word definition that corresponds to the vocabulary word to the
- An example of how your spreadsheet may be set up:
- Make sure your spreadsheet is open. Select all the cells in your spreadsheet
that contain information. Using the
example spreadsheet above, cells A1 to B7 will be selected.
- On the Google Docs toolbar, click on Insert and choose Gadget.
- Select the Flash Cards
Gadget. This may be listed
under the Featured section,
otherwise, click on All and
find the Flash Cards Gadget in the list of all gadgets.
- Click on the Add to
spreadsheet button underneath the gadget listing. This will insert the gadget on your spreadsheet.
The Flash Cards Gadget window will open. Make sure the range of cells listed is
correct, the number of heading rows selected is 1, and your flash cards have a title. Press the Apply and close button.
An example is listed below.
An example is listed below for how your flashcards will be displayed.