CONCERT BLACK FOR GIRLS ~
· LONG Solid Black skirt (MUST GO TO THE ANKLES WHILE STANDING & NO SLITS)
· Solid Black dress slacks. No capris, jeans, jeans style pants or leggings.
· ¾ sleeve (to the elbow) or long sleeve length plain black shirt. All tops must sufficiently cover the chest. Necklines may be no lower than the width of 4 fingers (student’s own index to pinky) when measured from the bottom of the neck or collarbone. Additionally, tops must lay flat against chest. No cleavage may show.
· Black hose if wearing a skirt. Black socks if wearing pants. (No leggings or bare legs)
CONCERT BLACK FOR BOYS ~
· Solid Black dress pants.
· Solid Black long sleeve, collared, button down shirt with black buttons. (shirt will be tucked in)
· Black undershirt (optional) no white undershirts
· Black trouser socks. (calf length or higher)
SHOES & ACCESSORIES GIRLS/BOYS ~
· Black dress shoes. NO tennis shoes, sandals, flip flops, or shoes with designs.
· Black belt for Boys.
· Black long necktie for Boys. (optional)
· Jewelry and other accessories should be conservative and formal. No bright colors. This includes anything worn in the hair.
· No perfume or cologne.
CONCERT ATTIRE FOR CONCERT CHOIR AND CHAMBER SINGERS
To celebrate the growing professionalism of these ensembles, these singers wear fitting attire.
The women rent ankle length, black formal dresses from the school. Payment is due at the beginning of the school year. tHE FEE IS $30.00. Please use the school website for payment: goasa.org, move your cursor to Parents and Students, scroll down and click on Student Payments. If it is necessary to pay by check or cash, please submit this to Dr. Westendorf. Fittings will take place during regular school hours during the first two weeks of school.
In addition, women must wear knee high hose or black stockings. Jewelry can be worn, but must be very modest for the sake of the ensemble. Earrings must not be larger than the earlobe, and necklaces must be something on the order of small chains or very small costume pearls. Bracelets should not be worn, and anything metal should not rub against itself so as to add an unwanted percussion part.
Women’s shoes must be black and dressy, but with a low heel and closed toes. Higher heels will create a lot of clatter on the floor and create poor posture.
The men must procure their own concert attire—
· Black dress shoes and socks
· Black formal pants (with satin-like side stripes) preferred, but a very good pair of black dress pants will suffice
· White, pleated formal shirt
· Black bow tie
· Black formal tuxedo coat; lapel may be peaked or notched
The best place to obtain a complete outfit is at tuxedowholesalers.com. Coat, shirt, vest (not needed, but in the package), pants, and tie are $104.50. It is recommended that you purchase an outfit, rather than renting one, as the men will need formalwear at least four times in the academic year. Other sources are those stores that may have used inventory at low prices, such as Men’s Wearhouse or a wedding or bridal store.