You can use the information on this site to find opportunities for yourself, to read about interesting projects of other OES students, or just to browse and learn what's going on in the world of Service-Learning. For information on the OES Service-Learning philosophy and requirements, click here.
CLICK HERE for SUMMER 2014 OPPORTUNITIES for hours or Projects.
CLICK HERE for projects and agencies that always welcome volunteers, YEAR-ROUND.
NEW SL Opportunities for MARCH 2014 BELOW.
- STUDY BUDDIES NEEDED for fifth grade students!! Looking for Upper School students who can help with organization and completion of homework and assignments. We would love to start as soon as possible--probably meet after school, twice a week. To apply, contact 5th Grade teachers Alysa Williams firstname.lastname@example.org and Natasha Busick email@example.com, or Academic Specialist Ari Sternberg firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ARTS DEPARTMENT needs help cleaning the choir room. Earn several SL hours, on a schedule that suits you. Contact Sue Jensen: email@example.com, Adam Steele: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jeri Haskins: email@example.com.
- Portland Parks & Rec Opportunities: Get your hands dirty at these UPCOMING EVENTS!All events run from 9am-noon unless otherwise noted. Click on the event you are interested in below to get details about activities and meeting locations. Gloves, tools, snacks and training are provided. Please dress for the weather, wear close-toed shoes, bring a water bottle and be ready to get dirty! You can also see a full calendar of events on our website.Saturday, March 15thSaturday, March 22nd
- OUTDOOR SCHOOL COUNSELOR OPPORTUNITIES THIS SPRING!! with NW Outdoor Science School: go to website for complete info or see Tom or Robin in AREA 51: http://www.nwresd.k12.or.us/instrserv/noss/ResourcesforCounselors.html
- SOLVE EVENTS:
Join your friends and neighbors during Oregon's largest coastal cleanup event. The SOLVE Spring Oregon Beach Cleanup is just 3 weeks away! Go to your favorite beach on March 22nd from 10am to 1pm and help protect the health of our wildlife, oceans and coastal communities. This is a family-friendly event and SOLVE invites Oregonians of all ages to participate. Find details and links HERE.
- Environmental work most Saturdays, all year.
Its time to Team Up for Watershed Health and our spring tree planting events are back in force - we have over 20 projects scheduled, now through April! Jump in today at a planting event near you and help restore streams and water quality across the metro area and the state! Visit or calendar of events to sign-up at a project near you.Or call (503)844-9571, ext 332.
Tualatin Hills Parks & Rec WORK PROJECTS every Saturday and Sunday during February.
Tualatin Hills Nature Park (15655 SW Millikan Way): Sat, Feb. 8, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
AM Kennedy Park (Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy & Western Ave): Sun, Feb. 9, 1:30 - 4
Butternut Park (Aloha): Sat, Feb. 15th, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Mitchell Park (Hwy 217 & Hwy 26): Sun, Feb. 16, 1 - 4 p.m.
Hazeldale Park (Aloha): Sat, Feb. 22, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Camille Park (Hwy 217 & Denney Road): Sun, Feb. 23, 1 - 4 p.m.
- Kinship House (www.kinshiphouse.org) needs volunteers to support their mission to bring stability to children and families touched by foster care. Kinship House is keen on engaging youth to help them in their various events. Participating in these events gives young adults an opportunity to help their peers, who have faced difficult family situations in their young life, while developing various leadership, public speaking and grant writing skills. Students can earn off-campus hours for service learning, and find many ideas for service learning projects. Please visit https://sites.google.com/site/youthallianceforkinshiphouse/ to learn more about Kinship House and how you can get involved, or contact Harsha Uppili '14 or Nathan Williams '16.
- FRIENDS OF TREES: Plantings just about every weekend. Whether you like to dig, drive, cook or coordinate, we’ve got a role for you. It’s all about good people, good food and the good feeling of “I planted that!” Check the planting calendar and join us. We provide breakfast pastries, coffee and hot chocolate, gloves, tools and trained volunteer guidance. Please arrive by 8:45am dressed appropriately for the weather and ready to have some fun! Our plantings occur on Saturday mornings from 9:00am-1:00pm. For more info go to http://www.friendsoftrees.org/volunteering.
WHATEVER GREAT OPPORTUNITIES YOU FIND, DON’T FORGET TO GET YOUR SUPERVISOR’S SIGNATURE!!!
QUESTIONS? INSPIRATIONS? GREAT IDEAS? NEED HELP CONNECTING? Email me, firstname.lastname@example.org for more. Use your power for good!
SUMMER OFF-CAMPUS OPPORTUNITIES 2013: Some of these may be options for next summer, so feel free to read about them if you're just looking for future ideas: CLICK HERE.