Students: How & When To Submit:
- Submissions due before Monday, February 24 5:00 pm
- Symposium is Sunday March 9, 2014: Begins at 8:00 am. Students Arrive by 7:45 am.
- Follow the 'Registration' link and complete form
MS PowerPoint Version Information:
- An Apple Mac Book laptop will be provided for your presentation. Please be prepared to use our laptop as the technology will run much more smoothly and efficiently
- The MacBook runs OSX Mountain Lion
- MS Office 2011 version 14.3.9
- Bring a USB drive with your PowerPoint and be sure it is compatibale with the above Office 2011 version of PowerPoint. We are not responsible for presentations that do not run on this version of PowerPoint.
What to Bring to Symposium:
- MS PowerPoint version and compatibility will be posted here by February 24th
- Come to the Symposium with a USB Flash Drive with a PowerPoint presentation file on the drive
- All graphics for your PowerPoint need to be embedded in the presentation
- If you do not have a PowerPoint Slide show, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss
- Please: The ONLY files on the USB Drive should be PowerPoint needed for your presentation
Tips & Guidelines & Format:
- Guidelines, tips and category descriptions are attached at bottom of this page
- Presentations will be conducted by category. You should be prepared for a 15 minute presentation and ~5 mins for questions from the judging panal for a total of 20 minutes.
- Categories may be combined, or split, depending on the number of submissions for that category.
- Morning presentations will be judged based on the criteria outlined on the National JSHS web site.
- Presentations selected from the morning will present in the afternoon to determine 5 Regional Finalists invited to compete in Washington, DC at the national JSHS in April.
Lunch will be provided in the DIning Hall at OES. If you have specific dietary needs, please be sure to indicate that on the registration form!
- Please contact Christopher Mader for information regarding hotels if needed: