If you would like to quickly create contact group from your GA View class rosters, follow the directions below.
Step 1: Export Roster to CSV file
First you need to get your class roster information into a Comma Separated Values file (CSV). If you are using a different Course management system, look for commands or tools that will let you export your class list or roster into a CSV format. In either case, steps 2-3 are the same regardless of the source of your CSV file.Note: Please click the images below for a larger view.
- Log into your My.Georgiasouthern.edu page
- Click on the link in the Attendance Verification box (top middle)
- Next to the appropriate class, click on Export Roster.
- Save the file to a place where you can easily find it for Steps 2-3 below.
Step 2: Create a Contact Group in your Gmail
- In Gmail, click on the red Mail word at the top left and choose Contacts
- At the bottom of the left hand list of groups, click New Group...
- Name your Class Group and click OK
- Click on the new Group in the list
Step 3: Copy/Paste Emails into Group
Next, you need to import the roster into your Gmail contact group.
- Open the CSV file you downloaded
- Select all of the email addresses and Copy
- Switch back to Gmail to your new, empty group
- Click on the Add to Group Icon at the top. It looks like a person with a + sign.
- Paste the list of emails into the box provided.
- Your new contacts should be listed in the group list.