January 16- MLK Holiday
January 17- Professional Development
BusingPick up time: 5:30 am
For more information call 300-5570.
Need Service Learning Hours? Visit the www.guamservicelearning.com from the Agyuda Foundation Program.
Jan. 12 at 6pm at the cafeteria.
All attendees will get a dress down pass.
January 13, 2016- Second Semester 3rd Quarter Begins
January 14, 2017-Class of 2017 5k Run/Walk
545am Tiyan High School
January 16,2017-Martin Luther King Service learning Event
- Please ensure the registration and liability forms are completely filled out. Students may not participate if forms are incomplete.
1. REGISTRATION will take place from at the Agana Shopping Center Parking Lot (Pizza Hut Side)
PLACE: Agana Shopping Center
Summary of event are as follows:
- Students will register with a designated AmeriCorps Program. School signs will be posted.- Students will be given a Passport for Service Learning upon completion of registration.
2. WAVE will take place from at the 4 corner intersection: Judiciary of Guam, Shirley's Restaurant, Public Library, and Nanbo Building.
- Students are encouraged to create MLK posters, banners or flyers to showcase at the wave.
3. PROCLAMATION & RESOLUTION will be fromin the Agana Shopping Center - Center Court.
4. MLK Presentation & EXHIBITS will be fromin the Agana Shopping Center - Center Court.
- Students will have the opportunity to visit each exhibitor and get their Passports For Service Learning stamped.
- After students obtain stamps from all exhibitors, they must return to the AmeriCorps program with whom they registered with to complete the Service Learning activity. This will include validation of hours, evaluation, and reflection.
- Students will leave their passport with the AmeriCorps program staff.
- AmeriCorps program staff and/or Serve Guam Commission staff will communicate all information (passports, names of participants, etc.) to respective schools/teachers no later than Monday, January 23, 2016.
Department of Education Vision Statement
“Every student: Responsible, Respectful and Ready for Life”
Department of Education Mission Statement
“Our Educational Community…Prepares All Students for Life, Promotes Excellence, Provides Support”
Tiyan High School Mission Statement
“At Tiyan High School, our mission is to provide a challenging learning environment that promotes academic excellence which inspires students to be globally competitive.”
Tiyan High School Goals
Goal 1. Tiyan High School students will graduate prepared to pursue post-secondary education on- or off-island or to assume gainful employment within the public or private sector.
Goal 2. All Tiyan High School students will successfully progress from grade to grade and from one level of schooling to another in order to maximize the opportunities to successfully graduate from high school.
Goal 3. All Tiyan High School instructional personnel will meet high standards for qualifications and ongoing professional development and will be held accountable for all assigned responsibilities.
Goal 4. Tiyan High School Community will establish and sustain a safe, positive and supportive environment.
Goal 5. All GDOE operations activities will maximize the critical uses of limited resources and meet high standards of accountability.