Register in 2 places:
- Fill out this form letting us (GCISD Instructional Technology) know your class is participating. Let us know on the form if your class is interested in connecting with a professional via Skype or Google Hangout.
- Register with Hour of Code
Who: K - 8th grade! No previous experience required!
When: Choose 1 hour during the week of December 5-11, 2016
Why? Computer science in grades K-8:
- Supports the GCISD Portrait of a Graduate by teaching computational thinking in order to develop skilled problem solvers.
- Provides instruction that demystifies coding and programming.
- Encourages students to be creators rather than consumers of technology.
- Intentionally promotes opportunities for all learners to engage in computational thinking.
- Is based on K-8 technology applications standards and vertically aligned with high school computer science standards.