Once CHWs become certified, they must complete 20 hours of continuing education (CEU) to maintain their certificate. Continuing Education must provide information that complies with the DSHS core competency mandates. Of the 20 CEU hours required, at least 10 must be provided by a DSHS Gateway to Care certified Community Health Worker Training Institute (CHWTI). Gateway to Care provides CEU most months, with the exception of March.
In March, CHWTI collaborates with other community partners to host the Annual CHW Conference in Houston, Texas. In addition to the monthly scheduled CEU workshops, CHWTI offers classes and workshops throughout the year working to fill educational gaps. The extra workshops are sometimes DSHS certified and sometimes not and are often in collaboration with other community partners.
Workshops are developed to fill the needs of CHWs, however certification is not required to attend. There is no cost to attend. If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please email email@example.com.
Join us on our FACEBOOK PAGE.
Save the date…
March 05, 2015: 9th Annual CHW Conference
Friday, April 24, 2015
Please note that our 2015 CHW CEU classes are:
Additional classes may be added or subtracted.
· offered in English and some in Spanish.
· subject to change (day may change).
· Space is limited, registration is strongly suggested, to so on the following site: click here.
· begin promptly; students must be on time and stay the entire class to receive full credit.
· held at the Upper Kirby Office Building, 3015 Richmond Ave. Houston, TX 77098; phone number: 281-400-3650.
· More information click here: firstname.lastname@example.org
**If you would like to know more information about ACA click here: email@example.com.