Welcome to Gaston Christian High School!
GCHS has the awesome opportunity to meet the spiritual, academic, athletic, and social needs of more than 220 young people.
- Daily Bible classes, Biblical integration into course studies, weekly chapel programs, and retreats offer spiritual challenges to the students. As we strive for Christ to be preeminent in all areas of the high school, administration and staff seek to help the students grow in their walk with Christ as they study the Word of God and develop a Christian worldview.
- Academically, we offer a rigorous, college-preparatory curriculum with an emphasis on excellence so that our students will be well prepared for their future. To that end, we offer regular, honors, and Advanced Placement courses throughout the curriculum. The high school is fully accredited through the AdvancED Accreditation Commission.
- The GCHS fine arts program includes course offerings in visual arts, band, choir, and drama. The drama program has grown significantly the past several years, with spring productions of Little Women, Pygmalion, and Romeo and Juliet.
- The high school also values its sports programs that not only allow the participants to develop athletic skills but also to build character and to represent Christ on the court and the field. GCHS participates in a 2-A conference that allows multiple sports options for each season. Several of the 2009-2010 teams participated in state-level tournaments, and the varsity softball team are the 2010 NCISAA 2-A state champions.
- GCHS also provides a wide range of extracurricular activities including clubs, service projects, social activities, and various competitions.
Our mission as a Christ-centered school is that the students not only acquire a broad base of knowledge but more importantly that they be well equipped to impact the world for Christ.