Welcome to Gaston Christian High School!
GCHS has the awesome opportunity to meet the spiritual, academic, athletic, and social needs of 258 young people.
- Daily Bible classes, Biblical integration into course studies, weekly chapel programs, student-led Bible studies, mission trips, and retreats offer spiritual challenges to the students. As we strive for Christ to be preeminent in all areas of the high school, administration and staff seek to help the students grow in their walk with Christ as they study the Word of God and develop a Christian worldview.
- Academically, we offer a rigorous, college-preparatory curriculum with an emphasis on excellence so that our students will be well prepared for their future. To that end, we offer regular, honors, and Advanced Placement courses throughout the curriculum. GCHS students have the opportunity to enroll in online classes through either Sevenstar Academy or the North Carolina Career and College Promise Program. 2013 SAT mean scores released by College Board indicated that Gaston Christian scores continue to exceed scores of Gaston County, North Carolina, and the nation. The Class of 2014 (62 seniors) received $4,149,930.00 in scholarship offerings. The high school is fully accredited through the AdvancED Accreditation Commission.
- The 2014-2015 school term marks the fourth year of our international program; this year there are 22 students from China enrolled at GCHS.
- The current school year also marks the one-to-one rollout of Chromebooks for high school staff and all students in grades 10-12; in addition, electronic curriculum is in place for Social Studies courses (grades 10-12). Additional e-texts will be added in subsequent years.
- The GCHS fine arts program includes course offerings in visual arts, band, choir, and drama. The drama program has grown significantly the past several years, with productions of Pygmalion, The Crucible, Arsenic and Old Lace, The Jury Room, and Romeo and Juliet.
- The high school also values its sports programs that not only allow the participants to develop athletic skills but also to build character and to represent Christ on the court and the field. GCHS participates in a 3-A conference that allows multiple sports options for each season.
- GCHS also provides a wide range of extracurricular activities including clubs, service projects, social activities, and various competitions (Mock Trial and Quiz Bowl).
Our mission as a Christ-centered school is that the students not only acquire a broad base of knowledge but more importantly that they be well equipped to impact the world for Christ.