Welcome to ACC: The AspeCt-oriented C compiler
AspeCt-oriented C implements an aspect-oriented extension to C and
offers one possible language design for an aspect-oriented C language.
In a nutshell: |
AspeCt-oriented C offers:
AspeCt-oriented C enables:
- encapsulate non-modularized concerns in systems;
- often include security policies, transaction support, synchronization concerns, etc.;
- are present in middleware systems [ZJ04] [ZJ03], [ZJ03] and databases [GJ05];
- enable model-driven development [ZJ05a];
- have been used for developing embedded software system product lines [ZJ05b]
- an aspect-oriented extension to C, aspect-oriented software development for C, and an ACC language design option
- full ANSI-C compliance and gcc source-compatibility;
- compiler and generated code portability;
- seamless Linux, Solaris and Windows support;
- simple integration in existing builds and code transparency through source-to-source transformations;
- an open source license and compiler.
- modularization of crosscutting concerns for C-based software;
- research on concern separation tailored to C and imperative programming;
- research on aspect-orientation on C-based systems;
- development of highly customizable and easily configurable software in C;
- development of feature-rich software product lines in C.