Counselor In Training & Leadership Weekend
What is a Counselor In Training? What is Leadership Weekend?
Our Counselor in Training (C.I.T.) Program is for high school juniors and seniors (ages 16-18) who are interested in learning about the transition from camper to counselor, who have a desire to improve their leadership skills, and have a love for camp.
We are looking for applicants who have finished their last year of camp (if they are a GCC camper) and have relevant work or volunteer experiences working with children or at camps.
This year we are asking all applicants to join us for Base Camp - a new weekend camp aimed at fostering leadership and team skills in our CITs. It is our goal that this weekend would serve as both a training session for the job of CITs, as well as help build leadership skills that our CITs can use in all aspects of their lives.
- If you would like to be a part of the CIT program (which includes coming to Base Camp and one week of camp during the summer) you must apply using the application below.
- Applications are due April 10, 2016.
- The application is different than it was last year, so please download, fill out, and send in the new application below.
If you have any questions about Base Camp or the CIT Program, please call the office at 503-968-2267 and ask for Jo, or email us at email@example.com
We are excited to announce our GCC Leadership Weekend: Base Camp!
Save the date: April 30th - May 1st, 2016 at Gales Creek Camp
Interested in becoming a Counselor In Training this summer? We would love for you to apply to be a part of this weekend camp that will focus on enhancing your leadership and team building skills.
Available for high school Juniors & Seniors.
Look for the CIT Application link below.
- Being a CIT requires a commitment to attending Base Camp, as well as an assigned week of camp.
- The CIT position is not a paid position. Feel free to count it as volunteer hours, if you need forms signed to record these hours just let us know!
- Base Camp is going to be a jam-packed weekend of activities, learning the ins and outs of camp, and a perfect time to bring your questions and your A-game.
- Being a CIT is no easy job! You will be asked to participate with counselors and campers in all games and activities, assist counselors at all times (including night checks!), and overall be a role model for our campers. While it's a tough job, any GCC staff member will tell you that it is also a ton of fun and incredibly rewarding.
Now that you know what being a CIT is all about, it is time to decide - Are you In?
If you are ready to accept this challenge, fill out the application below and mail it to:
Gales Creek Camp Foundation
Attn: Base Camp
1100 NE 28th Ave, #106
Portland, OR 97232
You can also scan and upload your application if you wish to email it to us. Please email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.