In the Library:
- The International Library of Leadership: Find inspiration for effective and proper management in this three-volume set of essays. Reference Shelf: HD 57.7 .I577
- Find more books here.
Through Our Research Databases:
- Academic Search Complete: This interdisciplinary research database is a good resource for general information, including results from scholarly journals, magazines, and newspapers.
- Business Source Complete: Use this database to find scholarly research and peer-reviewed articles on topics such as organizational management and productivity.
- Encyclopedia of Management: This encyclopedia, which is available through the Gale Virtual Reference Library, includes short essays covering important managerial topics.
- PsycArticles: Incorporate psychology information into your research with this database. Search over 80 journals from the American Psychological Association for information concerning leadership, emotional intelligence, and motivation.
Through the Web:
- AFL-CIO: Keep abreast of the latest news concerning organized labor legislation and current events.
- FindLaw - Labor Law: Browse resources that explain various dimensions of employment law, including those that are written for non-legal professionals.
- Leadership Initiative (Harvard Business School): This website offers valuable interactive content regarding the history of American business and leadership. Browse their database highlighting prominent business leaders, or take a look at their business timelines and graphs.
- U.S. Department of Labor: This comprehensive website includes information and news regarding federal compliance, unemployment, and disabilities in the workplace.
- U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission: Learn about different types of workplace discrimination and the federal legislation that seeks to remedy them.
- Women's Safety and Health Issues at Work: This website, which is maintained by the Center for Disease Control, outlines safety guides for women at work, including those that deal with sexual harassment and gender discrimination.