In the Library:
- Hoover's Handbook series: This four-volume set includes comprehensive profiles of American businesses, worldwide businesses, emerging companies, and privately owned companies. Reference Shelf: HF 3010 .H668
- Small Business Profiles: This two-volume set provides an in-depth analysis of what factors to consider when starting a business in a hot-button industry. It offers profiles for a variety of businesses, including coffee shops, lawn care, travel agencies, and more. Reference Shelf: HD 62.7 .S63 1995
- The Wall Street Journal: Delivered Daily. Located behind the Service Desk
- Bloomberg Businessweek: Magazine Rack
- The Economist: Magazine Rack
- Newsweek: Magazine Rack
- Find more books here.
Through Our Research Databases:
Through the Web:
- Entrepreneur Magazine: Entrepreneur's website offers free content, including full articles from their monthly magazine.
- Entrepreneur's Reference Guide to Small Business Information: This web guide from the Library of Congress contains an exhaustive list of relevant books for entrepreneurs at any stage of business development. (You can search for a copy of any of these books here.)
- Entrepreneurship: This site, developed by the Kauffman Foundation, serves as an interactive community for international entrepreneurs. Watch videos, read blog posts, and engage in discussion with other entrepreneurs, small business owners, and academics.
- Small Business Development Center: The Fox School of Business out of Temple University offers resources and consulting for startups and entrepreneurs. Be sure to check out their free webinars.
- United States Copyright Office (The Library of Congress): Learn about the mystery behind copyright; access registration forms, read about copyright procedure, and get information about copyright law.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office: Intellectual property is an important subject for entrepreneurs and inventors. While you search for patents and trademarks, read about intellectual property law and policy.
- The Wall Street Journal - Small Business: Read blog posts, interviews, and articles from the WSJ small business team.
- Working Knowledge (Harvard Business School): View blog posts about entrepreneurship from prominent authors and scholars.
- Young Entrepreneur: This website provides blog entries and discussion forums for twenty-something entrepreneurs.