Frequently Asked Questions for Parents
Information about Google Apps for Education (GAFE)
Aledo ISD is partnering with Google Apps for Education (GAFE), a FREE suite of secure tools. Through the implementation of Google Apps for Education and in compliance with Aledo ISD’s Acceptable Use Procedures, students will have ongoing opportunities to submit and receive assignments electronically, collaborate on group projects in real-time from any internet connected device, as well as build an electronic portfolio of their school learning experiences.
Read the Parent Information Flyer here.
If you have concerns about your child's GAFE account, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
- What is Google Apps for Education?
- Google Apps for Education (GAFE) is a FREE suite of tools or applications including Google Drive, Mail, Sites, Calendar, and more. Through the implementation of GAFE, teachers and students are able to seamlessly create, collaborate, and communicate anytime from any Internet-connected device.
- Is my student's personal information secure and protected?
- Yes. Your student's GAFE account was created by Aledo ISD and is securely protected by the partnership between AISD and Google Apps for Education. The school district remains the owner of all student data, not Google.
- Google Apps for Education will not sell or share data with third parties unless required to do so by law.
- Will my student's data be collected, used, and/or analyzed for advertising?
- No. Google Apps for Education services do not collect or use student data for advertising purposes or create ads profiles.
- Is my student exposed to advertisements?
- When students are logged in to their Aledo ISD Google Apps for Education account, they will NOT see ads while using Google Apps services. This includes students using Google Search while logged in to their GAFE account.
- Who does my student contact if he/she cannot login to Aledo ISD's GAFE system?
- Who do parents or students contact to report concerns or abuse of an Aledo ISD GAFE account?
- Please contact your child's campus principal immediately to report inappropriate use.
- It is also advised that you notify April Riley (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rick Welch (email@example.com).
- Are students responsible for their actions when using an Aledo ISD GAFE account?
- Yes. As outlined in the district's Acceptable Use Procedures agreement, students are expected to use technology appropriately.
- All students should consider their Google Apps account as an extension of the classroom, abiding by the same rules and agreements as outlined in the Student Handbook.
Read Google's commonly asked questions about Google Apps for Education for additional information.
If you have additional questions or concerns please complete the Aledo ISD Google Parent Concerns Form.