Emergency Grant Application
This Grant-in-Aid is for Fuller Theological Seminary
students who are experiencing a crisis situation that directly results in an
unexpected and significant financial burden, and who are unable to otherwise
monetarily cope with the emergency. Limited monetary support is available
through the ASC for applicants who meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must have paid ASC fees for the
current quarter, or the immediately previous quarter.
- The applicant must be in good academic standing.
- The applicant must have a genuine emergency
specifying a financial need, and may be required to provide verification of
said emergency through paperwork or a reference.
Examples of extraordinary and unforeseeable
Expenses related to a death in the immediate
Extraordinary medical expenses (i.e.
unprecedented serious illness, extreme hospitalization).
Extraordinary transportation needs (i.e. auto
breakdown, stolen vehicle).
Extraordinary loss of income, due to
Extraordinary needs related to shelter.
- The total disbursed to a student per year from
ASC cannot exceed $500.
- The period of one year is defined as July 1st
– June 30th or, the beginning of Summer Quarter through the end of Spring
Quarter, as is consistent with the ASC term of office and Fuller Seminary’s
- One may not apply for the fund more than once a
quarter, and cannot apply more than once in two consecutive months.
- Assistance cannot be used for tuition
- Funds are distributed only for designated needs.
- Disbursement of funds is subject to availability
and the discretion of the ASC Finance Committee.
- Accepting these funds may affect your Financial
completed application below.
any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Office and the ASC Finance Committee will review the application.
You may be asked for an interview or further documentation.
ASC Business Manager will notify the applicant of the status of the application
and any decisions made regarding the fund request.
- Please note that this process takes a minimum of
1 week and will often take longer, especially if using one of the paper options below.
- If you would prefer your request to be on paper
rather than electronic, download the Word document at the bottom of this page,
fill out that application, attach your supporting documents, and submit the
application to the office of Student Financial Services.
- If you would like to complete the online
application but drop off paper copies of your supporting documentation, please
place those papers in the Business Manager’s box in the ASC office on the first floor of the Catalyst.