Internship Program - Checklist for Credit
Follow these steps to get credit...
- Talk to your advisor about doing an internship.
- Determine if you are eligible (minimum GPA of 2.0 and completion of at least
30 credit hours).
- Schedule an appointment to talk with a counselor at the CDO to explore
internship opportunities, develop effective resumes and cover letters, and
polish your internship/job seeking skills.
- Interview with the host Site
Supervisor (if required).
- Meet with the internship Faculty
Sponsor of your department.
for your internship course with your department.
- Understand how many hours you must work to earn the credit you register for
(1 credit hour = 40 clock/work hours).
- Complete the Learning
Contract for Experiential Education and obtain signatures.
- Submit your completed and signed Learning Contract for Experiential
Education to the Internship Coordinator at the CDO.
- During your internship, complete and submit your Mid-term and Final Evaluation
Forms to your Faculty Sponsor.
- Submit your journal, paper, or other required documents to your Faculty
Contact the CDO at (716) 673-3327 or stop by to
schedule an appointment, obtain a Learning
Contract, and find potential internship site locations.