A William Paterson University Kappa Delta Pi elementary education graduate, Mrs. Coffman is delighted to be a part of the 4th grade teaching staff at HMR. Holding a BS in broadcast journalism from Syracuse University’s Newhouse School of Communications, she brings with her a strong love for reading and writing, and lives by her hero Eleanor Roosevelt’s life philosophy that “without learning there is no growth.” Before becoming a teacher, she worked on-air at an NBC affiliate and spent many years as a senior copywriter in the higher education department at Prentice Hall.
Married for 28 years and mom to three wonderful children, Mrs. Coffman considers the world and all the knowledge and adventures it offers her “oyster” - and hopes to pass on this enthusiasm for life and learning to her students. When she is not busy thinking of ways to enrich her students’ days, you can find her reading, making pottery, experimenting with recipes, or planning her next trip overseas.
* Provide a safe and nurturing learning environment built upon a foundation of mutual respect and kindness
* Help students realize their responsibility as peers and citizens
* Engage students with relevant and creative project-based lessons
* Appreciate each child's unique qualities and abilities
* Encourage students to keep their bar high and take pride in their academic accomplishments