After much research, the Franklin County School Board approved our one to one device initiative that we've called “One to World (1:World). In order to accommodate learners of all types, and to give more students access to technology at home and at school, FCPS will provide every middle and high school student with a Chromebook for instructional use. The board also authorized the provision of a Chromebook for every teacher in the district for use in their work.
The 1:World initiative is aimed at enhancing instruction and engaging students with state-of-the-art technology similar to what they will encounter after graduation.
We believe that students:
To reach these goals, Chromebooks will be deployed to all teachers beginning as early as October, 2016. In addition, pilot classes of students at each middle and high school will receive Chromebooks during the spring semester of 2017. During the summer and before school begins in August 2017, all middle and high school students will receive a Chromebook.
- are our number ONE priority
- will engage in high quality instruction in a nurturing environment
- will achieve at high levels
- will become responsible and independent learners
- will share in the responsibility of their own learning
- will utilize 21st century skills (critical thinking, creativity, communications, collaboration and commitment)
- will succeed through the combined efforts of the Franklin County Public Schools, families and our community