WELCOME TO THE MALAGA LIBRARY
As the new year begins, I wondered what I could do to make our library at Malaga School better. Here are my thoughts.... My library serves as a place where students can read, test, find information and resources. Librarians should be informational professionals who select, organize and provide services to students. My job is to understand the nature, likes and dislikes of each student and meet their needs in all areas of the library. I encourage, promote and inspire our students to read. The library is open during morning recess, lunch recess, and after school. Reading programs in the library include: Accelerated Reader, Read Across America, Book Talks, California Young Reader Medal, Book Bundles from FCOE and Fall/Spring book Fairs. I also encourage the staff to voice their thoughts and ideas to make sure our students are getting all the benefits the library has to offer.
CHARACTER TRAIT OF THE MONTH:
Did you know that Malaga School and Fowler Unified are on Twitter?
We encourage you to download Twitter onto your devices and follow
@ MalagaFalcons and @fowlerusd to stay up to date with school news.
Do you want reminders, updates and highlights of events at Malaga School? Remind
is a simple way for you to stay informed and up-to-date with what's happening at Malaga. Download the remind app and enter the code: @malaga
STUDENTS HAVE ACCESS TO THE LIBRARY ALL DAY
Parents are welcome to come to the library to browse and check out books for their children.
A few Things You Should Know About Reading:
- Reading is a Skill. Reading takes practice. As children build confidence and success, their world opens up to new possibilities.
- Kids need easy access to books to keep pace with their changing interests. Allow children to choose their own books. The books they self select are the books they will want to read.
- Students who have the broadest reading experience score the highest on standardized reading and writing test.
- Reading as little as 20 minutes a day improves a child's reading comprehension,speaking and thinking skills.
- A Home Library will build a healthy habit of reading.
Students should be at 40% of their AR goal by March 31st.
LIBRARY SEARCH TOOL
Students, parents and teachers may now access library holdings at the Malaga library.