This year we will be studying the events, people, and ideas that influenced our country between the Civil War and the Civil Rights Movement. During that period of approximately 100 years,
Homework and Assignments
- Thirteen new states were added to the nation.
- Two world wars were fought.
- Eighteen presidents led the country.
- Fifteen amendments were added to the Constitution.
- People from all over the world immigrated to the United States.
- The National Parks were established.
- National disasters, including the Great Depression, floods, fires, and storms, threatened the economy and the environment.
- The Supreme Court issued decisions affecting almost every aspect of life.
- Countless inventions and discoveries changed everything from manufacturing to transportation, communication, medicine, and entertainment.
- What are the rights and responsibilities of citizens of the United States?
- What are the challenges to those rights and responsibilities?
- What events, individuals, or ideas impacted Americans' ideas about rights and responsibilities?
The 2016 Presidential Election gives us an opportunity to follow history!
Here is an interactive map from the National Archives to make your own prediction about the two major candidates.
My sample persuasive essay is at the bottom of this page.