My name is Mrs. Pate, I teach Junior High Grade 8 Math & Science and Basketball Academy. I am proud to be born and raised in Fort McMurray and to be teaching in my former High School, Grad class of 2002! This past summer has been an on going adventure for all of us who connect Fort McMurray as home. Through on going support by our wonderful staff and district we take everyone's health, well being, and safety as our number one priority.
This year I will continue to be involved with Trappers Athletics, head coaching Trappers Senior Girls Basketball with my co-coach and partner teacher Mrs. Russ and also coaching Senior Girls Rugby with Mr. Champion.
Junior High years are full of new experiences and growth, as students gradually transition into high school. Students will be expected to be independently prepared for instruction, positively participate, demonstrate and perform. I will be using the REMIND APP for important updates where parent/guardian(s) and students can receive messages by text, app or email. To sign up for Math: text phone number (587) 409-5915 and enter as a text message @693gkf To sign up for Science: text message to the same number @e29ecd
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me by email: Catherine.Pate@fmcsd.ab.ca
I am looking forward to the exciting experiences this year will bring as we all learn and grow in the days ahead.
"Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming" - John Wooden
Log into the Parent Portal
(see your child's attendance and academic performance)
Junior High Classroom Expectations – Mrs. Pate
Students have the responsibility to . . .
· Respect the rights of the teacher to teach and others to learn
· Come to class prepared: pencils, textbooks, notebooks, agendas, homework completed
· Be seated in class and prepared for class by the second bell of every block.
· Participate in prayer and the standing of O Canada (hats off)
· Check in the office if late and bring the slip to teacher, unless excused
· Put in their best efforts and strive for growth and improvement
· Work in a team environment
· Only use cell phones when teacher specifies class use otherwise they are not to be present in class.
· Have consequences; in the event students are distracted from class time due to cell phone use a Three strike policy will be enforced,
I confiscated; back at the end of class,
II confiscated; back at the end of day,
III to the vault; only release by parental pick up.
· Math & Science Exams: students will be required to have a calculator; no cell phones are permitted.
· Come to class with a positive attitude to learn and share ideas
· Finish the day with new knowledge and ask questions
· Last but not least:
ENJOY JUNIOR HIGH and HAVE FUN!!!
Evaluation: Students will be assessed based on the 5 point rubric: