In line skating update:
1. Alien In line skating is supplying the skates, so kids are not allowed to bring their own. These are special skates that won't wreck our floors and will keep the number to 75 at one time.
Please encourage students to bring their own helmet.
2. On the pink handout it said Friday, Feb. 1st and 2nd (obviously that is not correct). Please make sure parents know this is Wednesday Feb 1st and Thursday Feb 2nd.
Families can drop in anytime between 5:30pm & 8:30pm.
- Items to collect for the sense of touch: Could you please look around the house for different samples of items that we could cut and glue onto paper that represent different textures for our sense of touch? Items could be soft, rough, smooth, bumpy, embossed, cracked, furry etc. Send them to school by Thursday please.
- Valentines boxes - an at home project for Valentine's Day will be to build a box to collect our Valentines that we will exchange that day in class. Kleenex boxes, a shoe box or maybe even a cereal box will work. The children will only be limited by their imagination. I haven't talked about it yet in class but will soon. Have a look on the internet with something like: valentine's day boxes homemade or valentine's day boxes for school. Lots of ideas. It is important that the children do as much work on this as possible by themselves.
- The next two months are pivotal for the reading and writing of the students. Usually between now and March children pick up momentum with their reading and writing. The regular practice and review can not be over emphasised.
- Please send any food magazines or flyers that we could cut pictures out of.
- If you eat out at BP's save those receipts and send them to the school. They will make a donation to the school in July.
- We just heard about the date for Spring Photos. Keep May 2nd in your calendars.
Monday, January 23 - Liturgy at 12:35 hosted by Grade 3
Tuesday, January 31 - Success Assembly - 1:05
Friday, January 27 - PD Day - No School for students
Friday, February 10 - PLF Day - No School for students
Friday, February 17 - PLF Day - No School for students
Monday, February 20 - Family Day Long Weekend - No School
Friday, February 24 - 100th Day of School
Monday, February 27 - Friday March 3 - Teachers Convention Week
Friday, March 17 - PLF Day - No School for students
Friday, March 24 - PLF Day - No School for students
Friday, March 31 - PTI LIeu Day - No School for students
Tuesday, May 2 - Spring Photo Day
Extra Supplies for the Classroom
Boys - Bandaids
Girls - Plastic spoons or forks We are good for the year. Thank you everyone.
Baby Wipes Schedule instead of Lysol Wipes
September - Emma, Briana
October - Harley, Alexander
November - Alexis, Zackery
December - Jaxon, Madison
January - Sam,
February - Claire, Cian
March - Taylor, Dax
April - Lucy, SJ
May - Cailee, Ethan
June - Kaleb, Jainam
Virtues for the Year at Our Success Assemblies and Tentative Dates
September - Responsibility Congratulations to Harley and Claire
October - Positive Attitude Congratulations to Ethan, Briana and Dax
November - Academic Award Congratulations to Briana, Jaxon and SJ
December - Conscientious / Healthy Living Congratulations to Emma and Sam
January - Respect January 31 - 1:05 - 1:35
February - Friendship February 24 - 1:05 - 1:35
March - Academic Award March 28 - 1:05 - 1:35
April - Service April 25 - 1:05 - 1:35
May - Creativity May 30 - 1:05 - 1:35
June - Confidence June 27 - 1:05 - 1:35 Tentative Date