Google Sites Examples
Google Sites as a Dashboard
Google Sites Resources
- Google Products
- Other Web Products
1. Create a Google Site http://sites.google.com or in your Google Apps account.
2. Decide on a topic for the site. Ideally this will be something that a student or teacher might use. (Or something fun to liven up the afternoon!)
Some ideas are:
3. Practice adding pages and content.
4. Practice embedding documents, presentations, videos, and more. Check out the Insert menu for all the various media you can insert in a Google Site.
See if you can insert the following:
Create a Classroom Site tutorial
Create Other Sites tutorialSites Crib Sheet
West Hills Tech Center tutorials
For advanced users, try at least 2 of the following activities.
1. Try using the embed gadget in the Featured category to embed a non-Google product such as a Slideshare or VoiceThread link. If you are looking for material to embed, try the following links:
2. Change the navigation to a horizontal layout under More>Manage Site>Site Layout.
3. Add a Google+ button to a page.
4. . Add a custom search engine to your Google Site.
Additional directions: Add a Google Custom Search Engine to your Site search box
5. Play around with the look of your Google Site.
4. Try embedding a YouTube playlist to your Google Site. Get ideas on how to do this from this blog post on embedding playlists on Blogger.
6. Save a page as a template. More>Manage Site>Page Templates
7. Save a Google Site as a template. More>Manage Site>General
8. Using Scripts with your Google Site
Google Sites for Teacher Web Pages and Student Projects