T. V. Parrish General Store/Post Office (1900's - 1960's)
The T.V. Parrish General Store and Post Office was located on U.S. highway 27, about seven miles south of Branford in the Hildreth Community. Mr. and Mrs. Parrish operated this store/P.O. in this building from the early 1900's until sometime in the early 1960's when the highway was widened and the store torn down and a smaller block store built to replace it and the post office was changed to a Branford rural route. The store was important to this farming community as a place to meet neighbors when they picked up their mail. After lunch each day many people would drop by and sit to visit after they checked their mail. Mr. and Mrs. Parrish are toward the center of the picture, the other people in the picture are unidentified.
Copyright's belong to Bonnie Shipp, Do Not use photo without permission. To get permission email Bonnie at: Blshipp@aol.com
All material contained on these pages is furnished for the free use of those researching their family origins. Any commercial use, without the consent of the author is prohibited- -Copyright is retained by the author/contributor of the material and publication to any medium, electronic or non-electronic, without consent is in violation of the law. All persons contributing material for posting on these pages do so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, and are responsible for assuring no copyrights are violated.