St. Lucie County was created in 1905 from the southern part of Brevard County. Brevard County had been named St. Lucie County from 1844 until 1855 when it was renamed Brevard County. In 1925, Indian River County was created out of the northern part of St Lucie County, while Martin County was created from a small part of southeastern St. Lucie County and the northern part of Palm Beach County. Much of western St Lucie County had gone in 1917 to form Okeechobee County.

St. Lucie County has a total area of 688 square miles (1,782 km), of which, 572 square miles (1,483 km) of it is land and 116 square miles (299 km) of it is water, much of it in the Atlantic Ocean. The total area is 16.80% water.

Cities Towns and Villages
Incorporated  Unincorporated

City of Fort Pierce

City of Port St. Lucie

Village of St. Lucie
Ankona

Eden

Eldred

Fort Pierce North

Fort Pierce South

Hutchinson Island South

Indian River Estates

Lakewood Park

North Hutchinson Island

River Park

Walton

White City
Subpages (1): Links

Coordinators