Presidential Service Award
The Presidential Service Award is available for all students to earn throughout their years at Buena Park High School as long as they meet the requirements listed below:
1) Must be a United States citizen or a lawfully admitted permanent resident of the United States.
2) An account must be setup with Ms. Scott in room 95 before any hours will be credited.
3) Awards are issued for service hours served within a 12-month time period (i.e. a calendar year such as January 2016 thru December 2016)
4) Awards are issued for volunteer service only; additional levels of participation with the organization (i.e., charitable support) are not a factor considered for the award.
5) Court-ordered community service does not qualify for the award.
6) Community Service must be done at Non-Profit Organizations
7) Log your hours day by day on the the attached form with verification by the organizations. (click here for attachment-> Community Service Form )
8) Log your hours on your Presidential Service Award account at www.presidentialserviceawards.gov
9) Turn in completed form and verify logged hours to Ms. Scott in room 95 by April 3rd.
What You Earn
Students will earn a Presidential Service Pin, A Certificate of completion, and a signed letter from the President of The United States of America.