Vol. 15. No. 3
1. Register now! FIRA RoboWorld Cup
The registration for the FIRA RoboWorld Cup is now open.
14th FIRA RoboWorld Congress and FIRA RoboWorld Cup 2009 Korea are scheduled during 16th - 20th August 2009 in Incheon, Korea.
FIRA RoboWorld Cup 2009
Dates: 18th -20th August 2009
Venue: Robot Science Future Pavilion, Incheon, Korea
Categories: MiroSot / NaroSot /RoboSot / SimuroSot / HuroCup / AndroSot / AMiRESot (formally known as KepehraSot)
For more information, please visit official website www.fira2009.org
To register your team, please visit http://www.fira2009.org/sub_08_4.asp
FIRA RoboWorld Cup 2009 has more than the robot soccer events!
This year, the organizing committee will support the accommodation for all the participating teams of FIRA RoboWorld Cup. The registration fee is 250 USD per team and if you (or your team member) have registered for the FIRA congress no registration fee is needed.
All participating students (students only!) will receive;
- Free accommodation at FIRA Village (Inha University Dormitory) in Incheon, including breakfast and dinner.
- Shuttle bus service is provided between FIRA Village (Inha University) and Science Future pavilion at the Global fair and Festival (the venue).
- Free admission to the Global fair and festival for 3 days. (18th to 20th August, 2009)
Global fair and Festival 2009 will also be held from 7th of August though 25th October, and the Incheon city will be in a festival fever when you visit. Please visit the websites for more information. Global fair and Festival: http://english.incheonfair.org/index.asp
2. Rule meetings and drawing lots:
The drawing of lots is scheduled at 6 pm on 17 August 2009 at the FIRA village (Inha University).
All teams must attend the rule meeting and be present when lots are drawn. If you are unable to attend the drawing of lots, please let us know in advance by email [Christine@fira.net] and the organizing committee will draw lots on behalf of your team.
FIRA RoboWorld Congress 2009
Dates: 16th – 18th August 2009
Venue: Ramada Hotel, Song-do, Incheon, Korea
The FIRA RoboWorld Congress 2009 consists of six conferences:
- 6th International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Robotics & Autonomous Systems (CIRAS)
- 5th International Symposium on Autonomous Minirobots for Research and Edutainment (AMiRE)
- International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR)
- International Conference on Advanced Humanoid Robotics Research (ICAHRR)
- International Conference on Entertainment Robotics (ICER)
- International Robotics Education Forum (IREF)
- The technical program and accommodation details are available at the official website www.fira2009.org
3. Host City for FIRA 2010
At the Annual FIRA Executive Committee Meeting on 23rd July 2008, the members have decided Bangalore, India as the host city for FIRA RoboWorld Congress and RoboWorld Cup for 2010.
For more information, please visit www.fira.in
Bangalore is the capital of the Indian state of Karnataka. The city is known as the Silicon Valley of India because of its prominent position as the nation's leading IT employer and exporter. A demographically diverse city, Bangalore is a major economic hub and the fastest growing major metropolis in India.
4. IRO 2009 in Korea!
The popular IRO 2009 will be held at Daejeon Convention Center (also known as DCC) Daejeon, Korea from 17th to 20th December 2009. Several other events will be held in conjunction with IRO 2009:
- International Educational Robot Fair 2009 (EROFA 2009) www.erofa.or.kr/english/
- IEEE International Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation (CIRA 2009) www.cira2009.org
- Information Technology Based on Higher Education & Training (ITHET 2009) www.ithet2009.org
For more information please visit the website www.iroc.org
THE FEDERATION OF INTERNATIONAL ROBOSOCCER ASSOCIATION
Editor-in-chief: Jong-Hwan Kim
Prahlad Vadakkepat, Han Pang Huang, Igor Verner, Elmer Dadios, Jun Jo, Norbert Jesse, Paul Robinson, Hong Bingrong, Man-Wook Han, Amitabha Mukerjee, Chao Cheng, Chris H. Messom, Krzysztof R. Kozlowski, J.L. De La Rosa I Esteva, Roberto Femandes Tavares Filho, Seow Liam Tian
Editorial Staff: Wayne T. Cho, Christine Kim
Undergraduate Building 2, KAIST, 373-1 Gusong-dong, Yusong-gu, Daejeon 305-701, Korea
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org URL: http://www.fira.net