The FMNH-AAUP chapter Executive Committee is planning a general meeting for Thursday Nov 19
(note change from original date) at 2 PM in the Zoology Classroom.
The following items are suggested for discussion on the agenda, and we
invite you to send additional items to chapter secretary Margaret
Thayer <firstname.lastname@example.org> for inclusion.
- Role of AAUP in academic freedom and governance advocacy in the institution
- Salary survey of curatorial ranks with SAC collaboration
- Expansion of the membership to academics in non-curatorial ranks
- Enlisting the membership in advocacy roles
- Interface with C&R Strategic Plan - AAUP's role
- Promoting visibility of AAUP-FMNH
- Enhancing educational relationships with partner universities and within the museum
We look forward to AAUP's becoming an open forum for discussion and a
clearinghouse for concerns. Please plan to attend and help make AAUP
an effective advocate for academic freedom and governance by tuning its
interfaces with existing offices and organizations within
Please come and share your thoughts on chapter goals and plans.