What are Google Docs?
Google Docs is a suite of products that lets you create different kinds
of online documents, work on them in real time with other people, and
store your documents and your other files -- all online, and all for
free. With an Internet connection, you can access your documents and
files from any computer, anywhere in the world.
Learn More :
Documents List is where you'll find all of the Google Docs you've created,
files you've uploaded, and anything that's been shared with you. It's also
where you can manage your Google Docs settings. Here's what you can do in your
- Create Google documents, spreadsheets,
other file types, and collections.
manage, and store files and folders.
- Share Google Docs, files, and collections.
- Preview your docs and files before you open
or share them.
- View images and videos that you've uploaded
to your Documents List.
- Search for items by name, type, and
documents is an online word processor that lets you create and format text
documents, and collaborate with other people in real time. You can also:
most file types to Google Docs format.
flair and format your documents, with options such as paint format, margins,
spacing, and fonts.
other people to collaborate on a doc with you, giving them edit, comment or
online in real time and chat with other collaborators.
your documents' revision history and roll back to any version.
Google Docs to your desktop as Word, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF, HTML or zip files.
Google presentations is an online presentations editor that allows you to show off your work in a visual way. Here's what you can do with Google presentations:
- Share and edit presentations with your friends and coworkers.
- Import and convert existing presentations in .pptx and .pps file types.
- Download your presentations as a PDF, a PPT, or a .txt file.
- Insert images and videos, and format your slides.
- Allow real-time viewing of presentations, online, from separate remote locations.
Publish and embed your presentations in a website, allowing access to a wide audience.
Google spreadsheets is an online spreadsheet application that lets you create and format spreadsheets, charts, and gadgets, and simultaneously work with other people. Here's what you can do with Google spreadsheets:
- Import and convert .xls, .csv, .txt and .ods formatted data.
- Export .xls, .csv, .txt and .ods formatted data and PDF and HTML files.
- Use formatting and formula editing so you can calculate results and make your data look the way you'd like.
- Chat in real time with others who are editing your spreadsheet.
- Create charts and gadgets.
- Embed a spreadsheet, or individual sheets of your spreadsheet, in your blog or website.
Google forms are a useful tool to help you plan events, send a survey, give students a quiz, or collect other information in an easy, streamlined way. A Google form is automatically connected to a spreadsheet with the same title. When you send or share a form, recipients’ responses will be automatically be collected in that spreadsheet.
Google drawings is an online drawings editor that lets you create anything from a scribble to a flow chart while working collaboratively with other people. Here's what you can do with Google drawings:
- Share and edit drawings with your friends and coworkers.
- Download your presentations as a PNG, JPEG, SVG, or PDF file.
- Insert images, shapes, and lines, and format them to fit your preferences.
- Real-time collaboration with other people, no matter where they are.
- Insert a drawing into a document, spreadsheet, or presentation.