What are Owl Apps?
FAU has partnered with Google Apps for Education to bring you Owl Apps. Owl Apps is a collection of web-based programs - Mail (for students only-- faculty and staff use Microsoft Exchange for email), Docs (document files, spreadsheets, presentations), Calendar, Talk, Groups, Sites and Google+. You can give other Owl Apps users access to individual files if you wish - great for collaboration and group projects.
Power & Convenience
- You can use Owl Apps from any computer, anywhere, to check your calendar or collaborate on a document. All you need is an Internet connection and a web browser.
- Never lose data, even if your computer crashes or is lost or damaged. All your work is hosted at Google, and safely backed up on Google's secure servers instead of on your computer.
- Share documents, spreadsheets, and presentations that multiple team members can view and edit all at the same time.
- Coordinate meetings and events by sharing calendars.
- Build team Web sites to quickly publish all sorts of shared information, such as documents, spreadsheets, presentations, files, videos, and gadgets.