In your Google Apps Mail window, click Contacts on the left.
Will I be able to find addresses of contacts when I'm composing an email message or inviting people to a meeting?
Yes, you can access Google Apps contacts picker, which includes the email addresses of all F&M FPS and students in Google Apps. Access the contacts picker when composing an email message: Click the To: link.
No, you can't view the members of a mailing list that was added to Google Apps.
Yes, you can download Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook to import all your personal contacts (as well as email and calendar events) from your old account into Google Apps.
Apple Mail users:
Open Address Book, found inside your Applications folder. Select all of the contacts you wish to transfer. (If you wish to preserve groups, follow these instructions for one group at a time.) From the File menu, select Export, then Export vCard. Save the files to your desktop or another easily accessible location. Log into your Google Apps @ F&M account and navigate to Contacts. Click the Import button in the upper right corner and select the file you exported from Address Book. You can choose to add these contacts to a new or existing group if you'd like.
Zimbra webmail users:
Log into Zimbra webmail and click the Preferences tab. On the left sidebar, click Import/Export. In the Export menu, select Contacts, then click the Export button to the lower right. Save the files to your desktop or another easily accessible location. Log into your Google Apps @ F&M account and navigate to Contacts. Click the Import button in the upper right corner and select the file you exported from Address Book. You can choose to add these contacts to a new or existing group if you'd like.
Yes. Whenever you send an email message to someone, the Google Apps contacts manager adds that person's email address to your Suggested Contacts list. You can then select the addresses you want to add to your personal contacts, as follows: On the left of your Mail window, click Contacts, and then click Suggested Contacts. Select the addresses you want to add, and then click Move to Contacts.
Yes, if you've already sent email to the contact or group, you can quickly add it to your personal contacts:
- Open your Contacts list, and in the Search contacts field, start entering the contact's name or email address.
- When the contact appears, select it, and then click Move to My Contacts (above the contact's details on the right).
If you haven't yet sent email to a contact or group, you'll need to create a new contact and manually enter all the contact's information, including the email address.
Note: After you add a corporate contact to your personal contacts, you can add additional information to the contact's details. This information appears only in your personal contacts, not the corporate contacts.
Not directly, but you can quickly recreate the mailing list in Google Apps as follows:
- Open Outlook/Apple Mail and display the addresses in the mailing list.
- In your Google contacts, click the New Group button.
- In the Add to group field, start typing the email address of a contact in the Outlook/Apple Mail mailing list (refer to the open Outlook/Apple Mail mailing list for the addresses).
- When the contact appears, select it. Google contact manager adds the contact to the new group.
- Continue adding contacts to the group.
Yes, you can create "contact groups" by accessing your Google Apps contacts picker, and then creating a new contact group. Your contact group then appears in your personal contacts manager in Google Apps. To access the contacts picker:
- When composing an email message: Click the To: link.
- When creating a meeting invitation: In the event details window, click Choose from contacts under Add Guests.
Yes, you can edit a contact group to add or remove members at any time.