Online Resources for EMG Coordinators
USEFUL WEBSITES AND LIST-SERVES
EXTENSION MASTER GARDENER E-NEWS BLAST: This is a monthly communication from the Extension Master Gardener (EMG) Coordinators National Committee. The purpose of this publication is to promote national and regional master gardener coordinator and volunteer conferences and professional development opportunities. Click on the link, in order to subscribe to the newsletter.
EXTENSION MASTER GARDENER SOCIAL MEDIA TRAINING SITE: an excellent resource, with training modules to certify Extension Master Gardener volunteers, Program Coordinators, and Extension Agents on best practices in use of social media for Extension Master Gardener Programs.
VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT BLOGS
- Reviewers noted that the author of this blog is an internationally-recognized expert on volunteerism, and that this is a great blog for EMG Coordinators to follow. Most of the topics are applicable to our programs, but even broad-based topics have elements that cover our own volunteer work. It is worth noting that this blog is written by a for-profit company, and some of the entries are opinion pieces promoting a service or a book. The information is good, but not necessarily research-based. (2014)
EXAMPLES OF BEST PRACTICES IN SOCIAL MEDIA USE FOR MASTER GARDENER COORDINATORS
- Reviewers particularly liked 'Wordless Wednesday', and being able to access the EMG blogs from different states. You can search the blog for different topics, and can see learn more about potential projects you can implement, by seeing what EMGs are doing in other states. (2014)
MONTHLY EXTENSION MASTER GARDENER (EMG) COORDINATORS WEBINAR DISCUSSIONS
Monthly Extension Master Gardener Coordinators Online Discussions are an opportunity for EMG Coordinators to provide each other feedback and to discuss ideas for effective and successful volunteer programs. A schedule and links to archives can be found:
- We meet the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 2 PM EST
- Webinars are about 30 – 40 minutes.
- We will discuss topic ideas, identify training needs/potential speakers, and ask questions about volunteer program management.
- Even if you can’t attend all meetings, you can keep the calendar appointment as a placeholder each month.
Zoom Log-in Info:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://ufl.zoom.us/j/616159952
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16465588656,,616159952# or +16699006833,,616159952#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833
Meeting ID: 616 159 952