Parent Resources: Bullying Prevention
- Government resources about bullying
- PBIS established a clear set of school wide expectations and acknowledging students for making great choices, laying a foundation for thinking about choices in school and beyond.
- Youtube video of a reading of the book "The Juice Box Bully" a fantastic book that empowers children to stand up for others.
- Bullying prevention in the child-care setting.
- Girl bullying is different than boy bullying. Often it is more subtle, less physical, and socially motivated. Read more about it here.
"Your words have power...
use them wisely"
- The Bully Blockers Club was used as whole school meeting. The awesome part of this book is that the characters come up with the idea of a club that welcomes everyone :)
- An article emphasizing the importance of teaching empathy at a young age
- Bullying researchers found that curbing bullying in the early years, as young as pre-school, has the most long-term impact.
- Watch this Powerful Video about bullying and reporting. Take a few minutes to have a discussion with your child